• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

smoke generator

Started by mnmike, March 20, 2011, 09:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnmike

i have obs and have only used it once went to use it today and the smoke generator dont work. it cycles the pucks like normal but it aint burning them they slide out unburned any ideas??

muebe

Did you check the 15 amp fuse located at the back of the generator? Could be a bad puck burner element....I am sure someone much smarter than me will be able to help you ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Consiglieri

The pushing machinery is independent of the burner.  The connection to the heating element may be loose. Open up the generator and follow the wires coming out of the tube under the burner plate. 
Consiglieri

mnmike

yes checked the fuse its good

mnmike

mnmike

well checked all the wireing could not find anything loose the fuse aint blowen must just be a bad smoke generator  :'(

Quarlow

Well this would be the first faulty SG I have heard of. If you go the the recipe site there is a trouble shooting post on there that should help you.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Habanero Smoker

It does seem like a loose wire. Even if the wires that go to the bisquette burner look connected, unplug them and then reconnect them. If the bisquette burner was bad, it will generally blow the fuse on the back of the generator.

Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tim1

I have the same problem.Pucks advance but burner just gets warm to the touch.My fuse was blown but still does'nt get hot after changing.Can you buy just the SG element?

TedEbear

Quote from: tim1 on March 20, 2011, 03:44:45 PM
Can you buy just the SG element?

Yes.  Here's the Bradley Smoker replacement parts list that you can buy from Yard & Pool. The burner is $54.99.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: tim1 on March 20, 2011, 03:44:45 PM
I have the same problem.Pucks advance but burner just gets warm to the touch.My fuse was blown but still does'nt get hot after changing.Can you buy just the SG element?

Call Bradley if you are still under warranty.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)