Chicken noodle soup

Started by OU812, March 21, 2011, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

I smokfried a chicken the other day, injected and rubbed with GP and we only eat the white meat so I always make soup outta the dark meat.

Put the whole carcass in the crock pot with 64 oz chicken broth and 32 oz water set on low overnight.

The next morning strained the broth and set in the fridge wile I picked through the meat discarding the skin and all the bones, then place the meat in the fridge.

By the time I'm bone with the meat the fat has become solid in the broth, discard the fat, pour back in the crock and add half an large onion chopped, 4 stalks chopped celery, 6 chopped carrots,  1 Tbl Tarragon, 1 tea poultry seasoning, 1 Tbl dried parsley, 1 tea black pepper, 1 clove minced garlic and 2 cans cream of mushroom. I think thats about all I put in it.  ::)

Put the lid on and set the crock on high till the veggies are almost tender but still have a little crunch.

Bump in a 1 1/2 pound bag frozen egg noodles and finely the chicken, set the crock on low till the noodles are done and walla.

Seasoned with a little more Gun Powder.  ;D

Didnt get any pictures of the meal that night but I had some for lunch today.

Good stuff!

KyNola

seemore

seemore

P:S I do not eat soup  but that looks great
seemore

SouthernSmoked

Oh, heck yeah! Now that looks pretty darn tasty!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OU812

Quote from: seemore on March 21, 2011, 08:26:25 PM
P:S I do not eat soup  but that looks great
seemore

My partner here at work is the same way about soup, but he says it sure looks and smells good.  ;D

ArnieM

Looks like a nice hearty soup.  I've never put in cream of mushroom before.  Have to give that a try.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

wyoduke

1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

KyNola

I can't imagine not eating soup, especially one that looks that good!

OU812

Quote from: KyNola on March 23, 2011, 09:06:32 AM
I can't imagine not eating soup, especially one that looks that good!

Ditto.  ;D

Got some warmin for lunch again today.  ;D

OldHickory

That soup looks great, in fact that chicken looked pretty darn good before you started the soup.  Good job.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

SoCalBuilder

That looks mighty fine. I did a chicken in a pot a couple weeks ago for the stock and made a simple white bean and chicken soup. The smoked chicken would definitely add to the flavor. I wonder if you could make stock out of the smoked carcass? I may just try to boil some of the bones after the next one is smoked and see what I end up with. Thanks for the idea :)

KyNola

Quote from: SoCalBuilder on March 23, 2011, 02:53:05 PM
That looks mighty fine. I did a chicken in a pot a couple weeks ago for the stock and made a simple white bean and chicken soup. The smoked chicken would definitely add to the flavor. I wonder if you could make stock out of the smoked carcass? I may just try to boil some of the bones after the next one is smoked and see what I end up with. Thanks for the idea :)
SCB, you can definitely make stock from the smoked carcass.  Almost every time I smoke a turkey, the carcass goes in the stockpot the next day.

OU812

Quote from: KyNola on March 24, 2011, 09:43:46 AM
Quote from: SoCalBuilder on March 23, 2011, 02:53:05 PM
SCB, you can definitely make stock from the smoked carcass.  Almost every time I smoke a turkey, the carcass goes in the stockpot the next day.

Ditto.  ;D

HCAO

that looks really good.  going to have to try that out next time i have some smoked chicken.