• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Member bgfntk has a question:

Started by Oldman, September 11, 2005, 11:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

This question was posted on the bottom of a long thread and I figure it needed its own thread. So come on everyone let's jump on it and help Scott out!  <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2"><font color="blue">I'm expecting my new Bradley in this week, just in time to try smoking some ribs this weekend. Anyone got a failsafe first time recipe, for a newby to smoking, that would impress some friends on a poker night? I'm open to any decent rubs and mopping sauce.

Scott</font id="blue"></font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Ribs seem to give new folks with the Bradley a hard time to master. It is something I would do when my smokin' was not on the line with my friends. Thus my suggestion for a simple but different Wow factor would be bacon wrapped chicken breast.

<b><font color="blue">Chicken Wrap #1</font id="blue"></b>

There are a few more ideas for wraps <b><font color="blue">Here</font id="blue"></b>

However, I do understand the need to do ribs... Good Luck and welcome to the forums.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

I sure hope Scott see this as he has no E-mail address to send to him a notice for this thread.  BTW Scott if you see this I live over in St. Pete. [:D]
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

calatexmex

Scott,
You realy want to impress make Atomic Buffalo Turds. This is how I like to make them.

Fresh Jalapenos
Cream cheese(room temp)
Grated chedder,jack or your fav. cheese
Garlic powder
Dehydrated onion
Honey
Smoked meat chopped fine
Salt
Pepper
Bacon (room temp)
Fav. BBQ rub

Cut Jalapenos in half lenthwise. Scoop out seeds and membrain. Set aside.
Mix together all other ingredients exept bacon. Fill Jalapenos with cheese mixture. Cut bacon in half. Wrap each Jalapeno tightly with half bacon slice.  Some people like to run a tooth pick through. I find it unessesary the bacon usually holds together fine. Sprinkle with rub. Cook in smoker at about 200 degrees. Cook till bacon is done.

I left out the ammounts because it depends on how many you want to make. These things are awesome. You will need plenty of cool and delicious frosty beverage of your choice for this. [:D]

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Mike C

bgfntk

Oldman, you ROCK![:)]

Thanks for helping me out with this, and only by dumb luck did I find the thread. And the chicken wraps look great. Those Buffalo Turds also look great Mike, and will make a nice finger food while we are actually playing cards.

I don't mind doing something other than ribs. And I get to practice ribs to my hearts content until I get them just right![;)]

Scott

Scott

Phone Guy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bgfntk</i>
<br />Oldman, you ROCK![:)]

Buffalo Turds also look great Mike, and will make a nice finger food

Scott
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Chez? are you out there? How did you miss this?