• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

How many pounds of snack sticks in smoker?

Started by devo, March 22, 2011, 07:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

I'm planning on doing snack sticks in the 4 rack smoker sometime next week. My question is how many pounds would be the max to fit into the 4 rack using the hanging method? I don't want to use the racks.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: devo on March 22, 2011, 07:42:26 AM
I'm planning on doing snack sticks in the 4 rack smoker sometime next week. My question is how many pounds would be the max to fit into the 4 rack using the hanging method? I don't want to use the racks.

5 LBS

RAF128

I don't think the amount of meat is the issue.   The question is how many can you get in without them touching each other.    If you had a 2nd set of racks you can double the capacity.   Invert one rack so you have 2 on each ledge.

NePaSmoKer

pfowl01

I have a custom rack that I hang my sausage from with hooks. The most I can get in without a mess is about 8lbs. I pushed it once and crammed 10lbs in, but it was alot of moisture and it kind of made a mess.

Tenpoint5

Yep 5lbs in 4 rack and 10lbs in 6 rack something like 8hours for 5 pounds and 16 for 10 pounds.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pikeman_95

Don
Now you have a big stuffer and seems you need to make that smoker that you provided plans for.
kc

devo

Quote from: pikeman_95 on March 23, 2011, 03:58:34 PM
Don
Now you have a big stuffer and seems you need to make that smoker that you provided plans for.
kc

Thanks bud for expanding on my many other things I must do before spring  :P

OU812

Quote from: devo on March 23, 2011, 04:27:14 PM
Quote from: pikeman_95 on March 23, 2011, 03:58:34 PM

Thanks bud for expanding on my many other things I must do before spring  :P

According to the calender spring is allready here.  ;D

Could have fooled me, its 38, windy and trying to snow here.   >:(

devo

Sure don't feel like spring around here. here's a picture of out Ice fishing with my son On Sunday and there was no sign of spring.