Posting help.....

Started by Mr Walleye, March 26, 2011, 09:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

When I am writing a post and "if"  ::) I'm long winded, once the page starts to scroll down it jumps back up so you can't see what you are typing. I'm not sure that made sense...

Anyway, a number of years ago I had found a solution to the problem but I recently bought a new laptop and I can't remember what I did to resolve it and of course my new laptop is doing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

squirtthecat

You need to run IE in Compatibility mode...    Not sure where the setting is, as I don't use IE if I can help it. (not to mention mine is pretty old)

I think there is a place to add the bradleysmoker.com domain and it will remember it.

Mr Walleye

That's it STC!  8)

For the life of me I couldn't remember what I did to make my other laptop work properly.

Thanks

Mike

Habanero Smoker

I've had too many times when the system would act up and I would loose every thing that I had written. When I am writing a long post, I write in it Word first then cut and paste. After pasting I will add the links to any pictures I want to add. If the system acts up, you may loose your post but you have a backup in Word that you can repaste.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on March 26, 2011, 01:11:30 PM
I've had too many times when the system would act up and I would loose every thing that I had written. When I am writing a long post, I write in it Word first then cut and paste. After pasting I will add the links to any pictures I want to add. If the system acts up, you may loose your post but you have a backup in Word that you can repaste.

That's a really good point Habs. I've also done that for some time on longer posts.

Mike

pikeman_95

Mike
I have had the same problem. Do I open view and click on compatibility mode.

Mr Walleye

Kirby

I went to the "tools" drop down and selected "compatibility view settings". Once there I selected to add "bradleysmoker.com" and that did it.

I'm using Windows 7 and IE8

Mike

pikeman_95

thanks Mike I hope that works. Having that post dropping out of sight was driving me nuts.

Mr Walleye

Let me know if that doesn't work Kirby.

Mike

KyNola

Mike,
Open up the "tools" tab in IE.  You can add the Bradley forum site to the compatability view there.