Brine pork loin chops

Started by bears fan, March 27, 2011, 10:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bears fan

I brined a pork loin for a week and will smoke them for 2 hours of cherry.  Half have CT and the other half naked.

stantonl

A week long brine. Did you soak them in water after the brine. I wonder if they will be salty. Can't wait to here the results.

Larry

bears fan

Just rinsed them off and put them in the smoker.  I know they will be great as I got the idea from someone that tried them already.  I will finish them on the grill for a couple of minutes.

bears fan

They were crazy good!  These are the CT chops being finished on the grill.

bears fan

All packaged up and ready for tasty treats in the future.

GusRobin

Looks good. How did you like the asparagus? I usually sprinkle them with EVOO and some cayenne and garlic powder  --tasty
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

bears fan

I'm not a huge asparagas fan, but the wife really likes it.  The only way I really will eat it is if it's on the grill.  I EVOO it and sprinkle salt and pepper on it.  I also experimented tonight with grilling an dill pickle........I wouldn't recommend it!

muebe

Bacon wrapped aparagus is really good. Try wrapping it with bacon and then grill it ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Smokin Soon

Wow, that's a long brine! The only chops I have brined are from the recipe site, and thats only 6 hours. These are good.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?87-Hot-Smokin-Gal-s-Smoked-Pork-Chops