• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My son's first beef sticks

Started by devo, March 28, 2011, 07:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Decided to break out the new stuffer from pickman_95 today. Picked the kid up from school and stopped by the butchers and picked up 5lbs. of GB 90/10 mix. Got home and set it all up. The boy mixed up the spices in the meat mixer and we loaded up the stuffer. Dad got it going and he took over right away. That stuffer really rocks as my son made the hole 5lbs. In the smoker now and the boy is off to bed. Dads having a few beers till they are ready to come out  ;D  More pics to follow.

And clean up was a snap

DTAggie

devo

Well out of the smoker and hanging for the night. Brought them up to 155*F IT.
Had to try a small piece and I think it was a success  ;)

pikeman_95

Don
What a way to break it in. Your son takes over right away. I am looking forward to when I can turn the work over to the younger members of our sausage stuffing group. Guys that is a 25#+ stuffer. Don can you imagine how many sticks you would have had if you had filled the stuffer. If a young fellow can do it I guess there is hope for us old coots. Thanks for the pics.

Kirby

marauder11

I can't decide which is better the stuffer or the quality time spent with your son. Looking at the pic of him running the machine makes me excited for for when my kid can help me. Thanks for sharing

OU812

Now thats what I would call quality time between the old man and the little man.

Those sticks look gooood, bet your little man had to tell all his buds about making those and cant wait till he can pass them out.

beefmann

great job and good  quality time with your son

KyNola

That is way cool Devo!  I'm betting it would be almost impossible to determine who had more fun, your son getting to make them or you standing back and watching him go.

NePaSmoKer

It dont get no better than that.

WTG

devo

Yes it was cool watching him. He took to it like a old pro. Considering I never did that before and just gave him a few instructions from what I have read, I was very proud of him.  I'm on a well and pump system out in the country so the speed kinda goes up and down for how fast the meat comes out. It was funny to watch him when the pump kicked in and the pressure built up in the stuffer, he had to move his little hands faster to keep up but I think that was the fun part for him.  ;D

Tenpoint5

Great looking sticks from the little man!! That's what makes it fun. They wont remember the big vacations but they will remember doing the little things like this.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Mr Walleye

Awesome job "Little Devo"!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pikeman_95

Don

You probably make some changes to your well pressure switch. To reduce the difference in the hi and low pressure settings. This summer I did this for the neighbor. Just keep track of the number of turns that you make on the set screws so you can set them back to the former settings. If you go on the internet you can figure  out the directions that you need to turn the screws. you also can add a pressure regular so that you can take out the high pressure times.

Kirby

devo

Quote from: pikeman_95 on March 29, 2011, 05:26:36 PM
Don

You probably make some changes to your well pressure switch. To reduce the difference in the hi and low pressure settings. This summer I did this for the neighbor. Just keep track of the number of turns that you make on the set screws so you can set them back to the former settings. If you go on the internet you can figure  out the directions that you need to turn the screws. you also can add a pressure regular so that you can take out the high pressure times.

Kirby

Ya thanks Kirby. Its not a big deal for me but it caught him of guard that's all. I'm pretty much a expert when it comes to wells and pumps, you need to be out in the country if you want water. If ya don't have water you got nothing. Been there done it.

pikeman_95

Don

I showed the pictures of your son making sausage at work today and they thought it was very cool. I was his age when my dad and myself made sausage together. Like 10.5 said I don't remember many vacations but the times that we spent making sausage and smoking fish I remember vividly. We never had any fancy equipment we just stuffed through a large industrial grinder. My job was to switch it on and off so dad could handle the casings. Trying to get that stupid switch on and off just right was impossible. That is why I started inventing different stuffers for the small sausage makers.