• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Here's a silly question....

Started by steve-o, April 03, 2011, 12:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve-o

When the puck advance button is pushed, does that reset the timer to 20 mins? I've never really paid attention to it, and was gonna try some cheese so I was just gonna advance them onto the burner but wanted to make sure I would get the full burn. Also if I am only going to use the top 2 racks, is it best to put my digital thermometer on the rack below or on the lowest rack I am using. Thanks

beefmann

if you  push the puck advance and it cycles , yes it does reset to 20 mins

bears fan

Yes it resets the twenty minutes when you advance the pucks.  You are planning on cold smoking the cheese, right?

steve-o

Quote from: beefmann on April 03, 2011, 12:22:47 PM
if you  push the puck advance and it cycles , yes it does reset to 20 mins
Quote from: bears fan on April 03, 2011, 12:25:32 PM
Yes it resets the twenty minutes when you advance the pucks.  You are planning on cold smoking the cheese, right?

Ok cool I figured it should but just wanted to make sure. Ya cold smoking it, but I dont have the cold smoke adapter, but hope it will work

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: steve-o on April 03, 2011, 12:19:24 PM
............. Also if I am only going to use the top 2 racks, is it best to put my digital thermometer on the rack below or on the lowest rack I am using. Thanks

Attaching the probe to a rack below would be the best way to do it if you are rotating racks. That way you don't have to unclip and reattach the probe when rotating.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

grnhs

you will probably have to prop the door open slightly to keep the cabinet cool enough, I found that even at 10* F the smoke generator was a bit hot for cold smoke. I tried to hold it around 80-85*.

RossP

Steve if you are worried about the temp , put a pan of ice on the bottom rack and leave the main element un-plugged.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

OU812

I have the DBS and pushing the advance button does not reset the 20 min timer.

Just throwin this out there