Another new guy from Ohio

Started by Razorman937, April 03, 2011, 05:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorman937

My name is Mike.  I am going to purchase a Bradley smoker soon.  To get the best experience possible, what mods should I make? Any additional equipment that I need?  Any recommendations on enclosures?  Thanks

GusRobin

I would put in the second element (with switch), buy an Auber dual pid, a maverick 732, 3 bubba pucks, and some frog mats. I would use throw away aluminum foil pans that are sold in the market in lieu of the supplied water bowl. I would get a cold smoke set up. You can build a simple one as seen on various forum threads or buy a Bradley set up.
THe other thing I have that is very useful is a pair of high temperature rubber (or rubber type material) gloves.
As far as an enclosure, a number of folks have built them. Or a number have used the plastice enclosures that seem to work pretty good.

Welcome and feel free to ask any questions.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DTAggie

Welcome Mike.  I have had my 4-rack OBS over year with no mods and love it.  Definitely need something to track meat and cabinet temps.  I have a Polder and a cheap no name probe.

ghost9mm

Welcome to the land of smoke...everythinng good is smoked... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill