• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Beef summer Sausage

Started by devo, April 05, 2011, 03:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Bought the beef summer sausage Seasoning from the sausagemaker . com 
So today I did up 10lbs. with the pickman_95 stuffer. Recipe says if you want a tang than add fermento and I did but before you smoke it you have to refrigerate for 2 days. So off they went for a 2 day rest. More to follow.

All mixed up in my cabela's meat mixer

Stuffed into the stuffer

Ended up with 3 & a bit of 2X24 inch from 10lbs.

NePaSmoKer

pikeman_95

Don

It appears you have lots of room left in the stuffer. You are going to have to find a larger supply of meat to fill that thing. I am looking forward to the finished product pictures.

How long does it take to mix the meat in that mixer??

pfowl01

QuoteBought the beef summer sausage Seasoning from the sausagemaker . com       
I was thinking about trying this also......very curious how it tastes. I made beef summer sausage with the venison summer sausage seasoning from Sausagemaker.com, not to bad.I thought it taste really close to LEM's summer sausage.....I personally like LEM's better after a side by side taste test, but that is just me.

OU812

Lookin good allready, cant wait to see the finished product.

devo

QuoteHow long does it take to mix the meat in that mixer??

Never really timed it Kirby but not very long and sure beats getting your hand frost bitten  ;)

I hear people complaining about cleaning it up but I don't think its a big deal. Washes up pretty easy if you ask me.

OU812

Quote from: devo on April 06, 2011, 07:38:45 AM
QuoteHow long does it take to mix the meat in that mixer??

Never really timed it Kirby but not very long and sure beats getting your hand frost bitten  ;)

I hear people complaining about cleaning it up but I don't think its a big deal. Washes up pretty easy if you ask me.

Only complaint I got is it dont fit in my sink worth a crap.  :-\

smokeNcanuck

Nice looking SS, Devo ;)
If you buy alot of pre made spice mixes I have a supplier that has
some really awesome SS mix. Well at least anyone I have served it to
as really liked it.  I am in SW Ontario, PM and I can send you the 411
if you would like.

sNC
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

lumpy

Is that CBS, SnC?

I still have not yet made my order, but I will add a few kits of S/S.

Lump

devo

Smoked them suckers today. Don't know what I was thinking when I made them. Forgot the 4 rack is only so big. Couldn't hang the long ones and they don't fit on the racks unless you bend them  ;D
Oh well live and learn as they say. Still they came out pretty good.

Here they are in the smoker

Here they are in the pool making snow angels  ;D.

And here they are tucked in a bed of snow cooling down.

Tenpoint5

Don't worry Devo we have all done that once. The next time you make them you will remember to measure the racks and make a pencil mark on the counter so you know when to stop stuffing the casing. They look really good making them snow angel in the pool. Can't wait to see a finished cut pic
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TMB

Summer sausage making Snow Angles, you guys kill me!    Nice job!
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

OU812

Whoops.  ;D Thats the main reason I got the 6 rack.

They are lookin better more and more, cant wait for the money shot.

I dont slice the sausage till the next day or two, gives the flavors more time to blend and the smoke more time to sink in.

I throw them in the fridge for 48 hr then dig in.

I'm just sayin.

CoreyMac

Looks great, what kind of beef was it? Just ground or something else?

Corey