Busy weekend...

Started by Gordon, September 19, 2005, 02:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon

But a good one!  I started Saturday morning smoking cheese. (and might I say, yeeehaaa!)  I do cut them up before hand to increase surface area, and to make them the right size for crackers.  I had 13 individual sticks.  Turned out great too.

Then I moved on to the hamburgers.  12 of them - with bacon on the top shelf (and once again, yeeehaaa!)

While they were smoking, I put in some ABT's.  It is much more fun to make those when your wife wants to help.  As a funny aside...

I had some left over hamburger that would not have made a good sized burger, and so we wanted to save it.  She went to the cabinet to get a small ziploc freezer bag.  Now my wife is 5-nothin, and the box was on the top shelf, way above her head.  She pulls the first bag out and it is the gallon size, so she pulls the second one out and it too is the gallon size.  Then she goes for the third one with a look like, "Heck, these things aint gettin no smaller!"  I am laughing so hard at this point that I thought I was gonna hurt something.  "Dear Heart," I say, "That is a box of gallon size, you may want to move on to another box and try again."  I was right something got hurt.

Burgers turned out good, and the ABTs did too...Gonna try those with chicken this week.  Then I cleaned everything, and went to smoking chickens.  They turned out good too.  Sunday I smoke another 4 chickens. One went to the neighbor (he may let me hunt with him this year).  Two are for eating this week, and the others got vacuumed and put in the freezer.  So did the cheese, and 10 of the 12 hamburgers.  That along with a birthday party, church, Target for my son's birthday  present, and then church again.

Good weekend

Gordo

What a piece of work is man!

calatexmex

Hey Gordo,
Sounds like a great week end. I had one kinda like that last week end. Only did some salmon this week end.

Mike C