• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

cheddar snack sticks

Started by dbondy, April 11, 2011, 06:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbondy

My little helper and I made up 3 5lb batches of sticks this weekend. I used Gregs recipe and added ½lb of sharp cheddar in each batch. This was the first time that I used cheese in sausage and was very happy with the end results. I cut it up in ¼inch pieces and was surprised that it didn,t melt. This will be my new go to recipe for sticks, the frist 2 batches were kicked up a bit but the last batch was toned down a bit for the kids. I think my wife liked them because the first batch was gone before the thrid batch was even done. ;D

first batch

second batch

I don,t think these will last long might have to make more this weekend ;D

dbondy

Sorry about the pic size guys, I forgot to edit them before I pasted them. ::)

pikeman_95

Good looking sticks.

I like your old stuffer. That is a classic and enjoy your helper. He will remember making sausage all his life. Good job!!!

Kirby

NePaSmoKer

Nice sticks. I use regular cheese also and never had a melting problem.

And you got a good helper even  ;D

OU812

Yep.

Them there is some good lookin sticks and your little helper looks like hes havin fun.

All my little helpers have growed up and the only part they help me with now is eatin all the goodies.

dbondy

Thanks guys, since I'm doing the full time dad daycare now its give us something to do. He loves to help me out all the time and I love being at home with him because its a blast.  Its going to suck when I go back to work this fall but four its time to have fun. Now that weather is getting better its time to bring him fishing. ;D

KyNola

Nice sticks.  Way cool that you have the time to spend with your son like that.  If more parents took that kind of time to spend with their kids we wouldn't have some of the issues we have now.

Way to go.

DTAggie

Keymaster

I like them sticks, Hows that sayin go "Teach a man to fish and he will never have to ask someone for food again" I guess you'd have to show im where the worms hide too  ;D Good job teachin the Yard Ape the art of Snausagin  ;)

ghost9mm

First..I have a stuffer just like the one in the picture, that has been in my family longer then I can remember and we still use it often...really like the looks of them sticks and I hope your little helper remembers what his Dad is teachin...

Gary
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill