CIRCLE JERKy

Started by Keymaster, April 14, 2011, 02:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

I dont have a fancy squirt nozzle for making GB Jerkee so I decided to make jerky circles. I used hi-mountain mix with 93/7 GB.

Mixed it all up and put in the refer for four hours.

Then I roll pinned it out between two sheets of waxed butcher paper and used biscuit cutters to make circles.

Then into the smoker until it looks done

Finished pictures to follow, outside Temp is 44° F and very windy so who knows when it will be done ;D

SoCalBuilder

If this wasn't a site about smokin meat, I don't think I would have clicked on the title :D Interesting approach. Maybe come christmas, I'll make jerky ornaments for the tree with my wife's cookie cutters. Nah, too weird.

devo

I have made it this way before. I use the cookie cutters to make different things. You can even go with the seasons. Like for Christmas use you Christmas cookie cutters and so on. The kids love them. Some adult shops have some interesting shapes also  ;D  Great for bring on a first date  :D

OU812

Some times you gotta build with what you have.  ;D

Looks great.

You can also roll it out like you did but make it into a square and use a pizza cutter to make into strips.

Its all good.

Keymaster

They Shrunk ;D There almost like Jerky Nuggetts, Turned out Great :) Into a Paper Bag to soak up the fluids :-X

ghost9mm

Darn!!! that looks really good, well done...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

NePaSmoKer

Nothing wrong at all with circle jerky  ;D

Looks good Aaron

OU812

Looks mighty tasty, Id do some damage on that!

DTAggie

Ingenuity.  Bought me 4 lbs of GB tonight.  Weekend project

muebe

Now you just need some dehydrated burger buns, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and onion for a nice circle jerky burger ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

jiggerjams

KyNola

Quote from: DTAggie on April 14, 2011, 08:28:53 PM
Ingenuity.  Bought me 4 lbs of GB tonight.  Weekend project
David, if you have a slicer you can take 3 lbs of ground beef and pack it in a 9X9 baking dish and put it in the freezer.  When frozen, slice into uniform strips and into the smoker.  I used that method prior to getting a jerky cannon.

Great job on the circles Key!  They look awesome.

squirtthecat

Fantastic idea!   I need to raid the kitchen drawer and see what shapes we have...

devo

I noticed you said you used a Hi-mountain mix. I have only tried it in GB jerky once and went by the recommended amounts of cure and spices. I found it to be way to salty for my tastes. Just wondering if that's the case with yours or did you cut back on the cure amount or spices?

Keymaster

Quote from: devo on April 15, 2011, 06:25:51 AM
I noticed you said you used a Hi-mountain mix. I have only tried it in GB jerky once and went by the recommended amounts of cure and spices. I found it to be way to salty for my tastes. Just wondering if that's the case with yours or did you cut back on the cure amount or spices?
This was my fourth experience with hi-Mountain so I cut back on the spices, I had 2-1/4 pounds of meat and used spices for 2 pounds and cure for 2 pounds plus a dash more, It was a little salty out of the smoker but I found that milds out a day or two in the fridge ;)