• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Greetings from New Brunswick, Canada

Started by CaptTrips, April 17, 2011, 07:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptTrips

Yesterday I decided it was time for a new grill; off to the store I went ...

I looked up on a shelf and spotted an Original Bradley Smoker
My eyes widened with the excitement of a child who's just spotted Santa
I looked at my wife
She looked back at me
She shook her head
I hung mine
I made her a deal she couldn't refuse
I now have my 1st smoker AND a new grill  ;D

I brought home my new toy and hopped online to do a bit of research and found this forum. There's certainly a wealth of information here and I can't wait to jump in. Oh, and then I discovered the ICB contest picture threads ... are you kidding me!? How is it fair that not everyone knows about this stuff!? A bacon weave!? Really!?

Whoever decided to weave bacon and wrap it around more meat should be running this country.

I'm so happy I'm weeping ... and drooling.

Tonight I will season my smoker in preparation for our first smoke Friday. I'm definitely going to have trouble deciding what to smoke first!

Happy to be here!

CaptTrips

ArnieM

Hi CaptTrips and welcome to the forum.  Great to see your enthusiasm!  There's enough stuff to smoke to keep you busy for a while.  Oh yeah, we like pics.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KyNola

Welcome Cap'n.  Congrats on your first smoker.  Lots of great people on here just waiting to help you and answer any questions you may have.  Don't think you're asking a stupid question.  We've already asked all of those so fire away with anything we can help you with.

In the meantime, here's a link to a recipe site that was set up by one of the long time members  www.susanminor.org

Lots of great ideas and helpful tips too can be found there.  

Jim O

Welcome to the Forum CaptTrips

My only wish was that you were a bit more exited about your nrew toys!

Have fun !!

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

GusRobin

Quote from: CaptTrips on April 17, 2011, 07:22:50 AM
I made her a deal she couldn't refuse

So what was the deal?

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link to the recipe site.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php

Feel free to ask any question, and don't be concerned if you think it is silly or too simple. Nothing you can ask hasn't been asked by someone or the rest of us wish we had asked it. Lots of helpful folks willing to jump in and help out on this forum. Now go smoke something.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Keymaster

Welcome CaptTrip, your going to enjoy your new purchase :) I'm somewhat curious to what the "Deal" was as well ;D

muebe

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new OBS ;) I also would like to know what this "deal" is...and what new grill did you get? ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ghost9mm

Welcome to the land of smoke everything smoked is good...and really like your enthusiasm...you will find this to be one of the best and most informative forums..have fun and enjoy your OBS snd yes we all like pictures...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Mr Walleye

Welcome to the forum from another Canuck CaptTrips!

You'll love all the help you will get no matter what your up to!  ;)

Ok... Come on... Ya gotta give up the "deal"! You might be helping another lost sole find his way to "Smoking Nirvana".  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

CaptTrips

Thanks for the welcome folks!

Seems I've piqued some interest with the deal I made with my wife.

It also seems there may be a few dirty minded *gentlemen* on this forum, in which case, you're in luck!  ;D

I certainly don't want to be graphic, so let me simply use a crude double entendre you should easily understand and leave it at that: "Low & Slow" - it ain't just a smokin' term  ;D

Rushed out today and picked up 4 boxes of bisquettes. Canadian Tire had a limited supply but I was able to grab a box of each flavor: Mesquite, Hickory, Variety Pack and Crown Royal!

I'm seasoning as we speak - going to cold smoke a ribeye later and toss it on the new grill!

CaptTrips

Mr Walleye

CaptTrips

I'm not sure what your paying for pucks but I know Le Baron Has them at a reasonable regular price. I think they sometimes have them on sale if I remember correctly. Here's a link to the regular price in their catalogue.

http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_files_sp11/bradley_airtight.pdf

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

beefmann

CaptTrips

Thanks for the link Walleye, they're 25% lower than Canadian Tire.

I think once I get through the variety pack and I get an idea of the different flavors I'll order a couple cases.

I can't wait to load this unit up in the trailer and head to the campground, I'll have the greatest grub in all the land!  ;D

CaptTrips

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

GusRobin

Quote from: CaptTrips on April 17, 2011, 01:33:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome folks!

Seems I've piqued some interest with the deal I made with my wife.

It also seems there may be a few dirty minded *gentlemen* on this forum, in which case, you're in luck!  ;D

I certainly don't want to be graphic, so let me simply use a crude double entendre you should easily understand and leave it at that: "Low & Slow" - it ain't just a smokin' term  ;D

Remember, we like pics ;D ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.