Amish Red Beet Eggs

Started by ghost9mm, April 18, 2011, 02:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost9mm

Recipe for Pickled Red Beet Eggs

Recipe is for 1 1/2 dozen red beet eggs.

3-15 oz cans of whole red beets

Drain the juice and measure it, put equal parts of sugar and vinegar...

In other words if you have 2 cups of red beet juice you need 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of vinegar..

mix this altogether and then put the beets in a pan with this mixture and heat,

there is NO need to bring to a boil, you just want this hot when you put it with the eggs.

Hard boil your eggs and peel while hot..

We use a wide mouth gallon jar for this, layer some of the eggs in the jar along with some

of the red beets and when you have layered...eggs, red beets, eggs red beets etc..

Pour the hot red beet juice into the jar...let this set till the jar is cool

and would advise to put a lid on the jar (after cooling) we refrigerate  these for three days

to get the eggs red all the way to the yolks...

This recipe is not written in stone, if you desire a little more vinegar for a more pickled flavor

cut back on the sugar and add more vinigar.these will keep for along time if they are refrigerated..
                                                Enjoy

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Keymaster

Those look awesome,and the wife wants to try some :) Thanks for sharing, I copied and pasted the recipe in my Computers recipe book folder ;D

Mr Walleye

I missed this for some reason too. I love the look of the eggs!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

Looks good, when I make them I do not use any sugar. Just vinegar and the beet juice. They are great with some fresh horseradish. Mmmm  :)