• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Heating Element Question

Started by Michael, April 28, 2011, 05:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I've had my BS for about 5 years and I average about 7-10 smokes a year, mostly pork butts and ribs.  How long do the heating elements tend to last.  I'm thinking that perhaps I should get a backup element just in case my element decides to die while I'm cooking for a large party.... -Mike

Keymaster

I think its the luck of the draw on how long a element is going to last. Most last years but there was a problem with a batch recently which Bradley quickly resolved by contracting another supplier for their elements from what I have read. Most the people that smoke a lot have a spare in hand ;) Yard and pool sells them at a very reasonable price and excellent customer service!!!

ghost9mm

Yep!!! what Keymaster said, I have 2 spares, I feel it is the difference of having a bad weekend or having a good one, and I choose the latter...Y&P is the only way to go...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

smoke em if you got em

Ditto. They are so inexpensive I can't think of a reason not to have a spare.
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

Habanero Smoker

Hi Michael;

The heating element is inexpensive so having a spare is good to have.

I'm not sure when Bradley switched to the all metal element, but if you still have the glass element I would definitely get a spare.. 

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

aways good to have a spare heater, i do

Michael

QuoteI'm not sure when Bradley switched to the all metal element, but if you still have the glass element I would definitely get a spare..
I guess I have been out of touch.  I didn't know Bradley switched to an all metal element

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Michael on June 19, 2011, 04:19:35 PM
QuoteI'm not sure when Bradley switched to the all metal element, but if you still have the glass element I would definitely get a spare..
I guess I have been out of touch.  I didn't know Bradley switched to an all metal element

I didn't know either until I order two when I went to add a second element to my smoker; just incase one broke. Good thing I ordered two, so I replaced the glass one while I was at it. I still have the glass element and as far as I know, it still works.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)