• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Trying two new rib rubs

Started by DTAggie, April 29, 2011, 06:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

Finally had some time to play with the OBS again.  Trying one rack of baby backs with TMB's rub he sent me and one rack of spare ribs with Primo's Summer Peach.

TMB's baby back's on left.  Primo spare ribs on right.  Did 3 hrs of apple.  Rotated top bottom front to back after 2:45 into the smoke.  Then just left them in the OBS for a total of 5 hrs.  No 3-2-1 this time.

Spares out of the smoker

Spares sliced.  I had tried this peach rub on some chops on a charcoal grill and I liked the rub.  Family thought the peach was a little to sweet.  It was great on the ribs.  Nice carmelization of the sugars and has a small kick.

Baby backs out of the smoker.

Baby's sliced.  Nice rub Tommy.  Flavor of the meat comes through good with no one spice over powering.  I might add something to add just a little kick to it with the rest of the rub I still have.  I really appreciate you sending it to me.

hal4uk

Well, heck...
I'll just take whichever ones you have left!

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

devo

And you said supper was what time.
Good looking ribs

Tenpoint5

Good Looking Ribs DT!! Tommy will be along as soon as he has power.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ghost9mm

Really good looking ribs, you should share though... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

TMB

Good looking ribs DT, I hope you liked the rub.  I have been looking for powdered jalapeno to add that kick your looking for.

You welcome, I'm just sorry it took so long to send it out to you.

As soon as we get cleaned up around here I'll get some steaks and try out the rub you sent.
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

DTAggie

Hey Tommy hope you all are doing ok.  Amazing storms.  The rub is great.  Son has been eating ribs for lunch and dinner for two days.  He loves them.

TMB

Quote from: DTAggie on May 01, 2011, 08:58:14 PM
Hey Tommy hope you all are doing ok.  Amazing storms.  The rub is great.  Son has been eating ribs for lunch and dinner for two days.  He loves them.
Yes were fine.  I'll have pictures soon and then you can see where I have been the last few days cleaning up.  Well 5 day without power did keep me off the computer.

So glad you liked the rub, I'm still toying with it trying to pick the heat up ust a touch.   ;)
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

OU812

Those ribs look gooood.

Have you tried that Northwoods Fire Seasoning on some ribs yet?

DTAggie

Not yet Curt.  I need too.  Its prety dang good on grilled fish I will tell you that

OU812

Quote from: DTAggie on May 02, 2011, 05:28:03 PM
Not yet Curt.  I need too.  Its prety dang good on grilled fish I will tell you that

Give it a shot, you'll like it.  :o