• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Are you a republican, democrat or a southern repub

Started by HCT, September 28, 2005, 05:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican? Here is a little
>test that will help you decide.
>
>Question: How do you tell the difference between Democrats, Republicans
>And Southern Republicans? The answer can be found by posing the
>following question:
>
>You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small
>children. Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife comes around
>the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, praises Allah,
>raises the knife, and charges at you. You are carrying a Glock cal .40,
>and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you
>and your family.
>What do you do?
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Democrat's Answer:
>
>Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
>Does the man look poor! Or oppressed?
>Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
>Could we run away?
>What does my wife think?
>What about the kids?
>Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of
>his hand?
>What does the law say about this situation?
>Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?
>Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does
>this send to society and to my children?
>Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
>Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound
>me?
>If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while
>he was stabbing me?
>Should I call 9-1-1?
>Why is this street so deserted?
>We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a
>happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
>This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for
>few days and try to come to a consensus.
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Republican's Answer:
>
>BANG!
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Southern Republican's Answer:
>
>BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.....(sounds
>of reloading).
>
>BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click
>
>Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips
>or Hollow Points?"

Mickey

LABS RULE!!!  

God bless our wildlife!
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

nsxbill

Posting up a joke?   Always love them.  How about removing all evidence of copying it from a file, and only takes a minute??

>
>
>

Makes for easier reading...

ps:  I heard it already.  Nothing like a tight group!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Sauce Bauce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />Posting up a joke?   Always love them.  How about removing all evidence of copying it from a file, and only takes a minute??

&gt;
&gt;
&gt;

Makes for easier reading...

ps:  I heard it already.  Nothing like a tight group!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font color="maroon"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="4"><center>You da man Bill!
<font face="Script MT Bold"><div align="left">Sauce</div id="left"></font id="Script MT Bold"></center></font id="size4"></font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="maroon">

CLAREGO

that would make me a southern rebublican !!!!!![:D]

Phone Guy

"BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.....(sounds
&gt;of reloading).
&gt;
&gt;BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click "

Ditto

smokin stu

Being from the deep south..........  of Canada.....  I would have to replace the Glock with, say an angry beaver or a hockey stick, but the final outcome would be the same as the southerner.  slapshots upside the head or the sound of angry gnawing.......[^]

whitetailfan

[:D][:D][:D]LMAO[:D][:D][:D]
Stu, my eyes are still watering.  I gotta get me a pocket sized attack/guard beaver!!!

You're not completely correct in your assessment though.
IF...
the deserted street were directly on route from your home to the gun range, and
IF...
the man came at you with his knife:

You could attack him with your Glock that is trigger locked inside its double locked steel carrying case...

By whacking him upside the head with the case.

That's pretty much your only defence.  Come to think about it, I like my chances better with the hockey stick or the beaver.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

GrillinFool

Down here in Florida some new law says I can shoot if I feel threatened. Sounds simple enough. No hockey stick, no rodents, just my word against his. And, asuming its a good shot, he shouldn't be talking too much.

Now that hockey season is finally back and we still have the Stanley Cup here, maybe a hockey stick would be more appropriate any way [8D]

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GrillinFool</i>
<br />Down here in Florida some new law says I can shoot if I feel threatened. Sounds simple enough. No hockey stick, no rodents, just my word against his. And, asuming its a good shot, he shouldn't be talking too much.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
And exactly why should this require a <b>NEW</b> law? Scumbag comes at you with a weapon and the intent to cause you bodily harm and/or steal. You defend yourself & deprive him of his opportunity to buy some more crack. Law abiding people shouldn't have to explain themselves out of doing something initiated by a criminal.

Thumbs up to Florida, although I find it remarkable in this day & time, they actually have to go to that extent. Seems like basic common sense to me.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GrillinFool</i>
<br />Now that hockey season is finally back and we still have the Stanley Cup here, maybe a hockey stick would be more appropriate any way [8D]

Don't get to used to the 'Cup' Grilling Fool, My Canucks will be bringing it home in June.[;)]

And Chez....

http://bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2391

Again I agree with Raye

We really should stay away from these heavy topics [:)]

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

SoupGuy

OK; I'll bite.

SOUP would be a republican all the way...

I just HAPPEN to own a glock (one of my favorite toys, immediately after the scoped Ruger .454).

I also believe in being responsible.

One well-placed round from my Glock shoud do the trick. Anything more would be a waste of taxpayers money! [:D]

**  This is really the kind of JOKE that helped to defeat John Kerry AND keep TED (wannabepresident) Kennedy OUT of office. The truth hurts sometimes.

** ** Yeah, Soup is a bit of a gun advocate. Something the Canucks here won't like or understand I suppose.... (you're just jealous?)

GO White Sox... or at the very least "BOO YANKEES"!!!!!

SoupGuy

OK; I'll bite.

SOUP would be a republican all the way...

I just HAPPEN to own a glock (one of my favorite toys, immediately after the scoped Ruger .454).

I also believe in being responsible.

One well-placed round from my Glock shoud do the trick. Anything more would be a waste of taxpayers money! [:D]

**  This is really the kind of JOKE that helped to defeat John Kerry AND keep TED (wannabepresident) Kennedy OUT of office. The truth hurts sometimes.

** ** Yeah, Soup is a bit of a gun advocate. Something the Canucks here won't like or understand I suppose.... (you're just jealous?)

GO White Sox... or at the very least "BOO YANKEES"!!!!!

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SoupNazi</i>
<br />
Hey Soup,
This the third time I've noticed you mouthing off about Canadians.
Here, on my Thanksgiving Day thread, and a meat thread a few months back.

If you have something to say, please get it out.  My e-mail hyperlink works as well.

I've voted right wing since I was allowed, and sent my letters to my MP about our REDICULOUS gun registry.  I've owned a gun since my parents would allow me to have a .22 for gophers, and have remained a strong property rights advocate and gun/hunting enthousiast through my lifetime.

Perhaps you are trying to joke around, but your choice of words leaves little interpretation the way I read them.  Sorry if I'm reading you wrong, but your comments continually rub me the wrong way.

Respectfully,

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Phone Guy

I love Canada! and any law abiding gun owner is a friend of mine.

I thought that self defense was a basic right. If I felt like my life or someone elses was threatened I am going to shoot to kill. Even in this far left state of California we have rights and I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whitetailfan</i>
<br />

Sorry if I'm reading you wrong, but your comments continually rub me the wrong way.

Respectfully,

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB

Hey WTF... Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I've been having a hard time enjoying this forum lately. Seems there's a boorish element that uses this forum to promote there belief's ...right or wrong.... I don't care.... This should be a forum about the hobby of smoking foods and not a political soapbox. It's a shame[V].

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"