Barbeque Bacon Burritos

Started by Tenpoint5, May 10, 2011, 07:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

We had these at work the other night with some Dirty rice/Mexican rice. All I can say is you just have to give this a try for yourself.

Barbeque Bacon Burritos

2 pounds of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
4 pounds of ground beef
1 large yellow chopped onion
1 cup ketchup
1 bottle kraft thick and spicy hickory smoke BBQ sauce
24 ounce can pork and beans
20 flour totillas

Fry up the bacon till crisp then set aside. In the same pan fry up the hamburger then saute the onions in either the bacon grease or use butter. Add hamburger, ketchup and barbeque sauce. Cook on medium low 4 minutes stirring frequently. Add bacon and beans mix well and cook until heated thru stirring occasionally. Put in crock-pot and simmer 3 to 4 hours.

Spoon mixture evenly down the center of tortillas, top with whatever toppings you may wish. Such as tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, rice, etc. fold or roll up and enjoy.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Anything that lists the first ingredient as "2 pounds of bacon" has definitely got my attention! :D

Those sound great.

Tenpoint5

It has Bacon in it how could it be wrong??? I wouldn't share if it wasn't good. I will probably be making a smaller batch of this for the Midwest smokeout, Yes it WILL have homemade bacon in it!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

I'm thinking some Memphis style sauce (no smoke) and a 1/4 cup of Starne's!

rdevous

10.5...........I forwarded the recipe to a friend of mine and he fixed it for our Knights of Columbus 4th Degree meeting last night.  It was a BIG hit.  Everyone loved it......I ate 3 of them....3 FAT ones to be honest!!!  I highly recommend that you wrap them as a burrito and not as a taco.  Your shirt AND the friend across from you will thank you!!!

For any of you who are members of the Knights of Columbus...I was elected as Faithful Pilot last night of our Assembly for the 2011-2012 Fraternal Year.    :o ::) ;D

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

OU812

How big is bottle of kraft thick and spicy hickory smoke BBQ sauce?  ;D

Might have to give this a shot. ;)

ghost9mm

Dang... you could make that up and take that along camping the grandkids would eat  till it was all...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

hal4uk

Darn!
I can't eat anything with bacon in it...
Unless I have sinus trouble, and can't INHALE IT...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

La Quinta

Holy cow Chris....looks great...I assume I could cut that recipe in half...how many did you feed with that load of meat and fixins? I see 20 tortillas...so 20? Or less?

Trace

Tenpoint5

Trace.
Yes it can be cut in half. There was about 10 of us that polished a crockpot full off at work that night.

OU812

Quote from: OU812 on May 20, 2011, 02:47:19 PM
How big is bottle of kraft thick and spicy hickory smoke BBQ sauce?  ;D

Might have to give this a shot. ;)

Um ah, well?

SnellySmokesEm

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist