• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

No Heat

Started by Bubba2m, May 12, 2011, 02:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba2m

Smoke generator light is on. Cabinet door light does not come on and heating element does not work either. Replaced element, still no heat still no cabinet light on? Help!!!! Also what does the inline fuse in back of cabinet look like and where is it?

GBIceman

The fuse is located behind the back outside panel, it is connected to the over temp sensor. They are the only things in the back other than insulation. Also check the push on power connectors in the bottom as long as the back is off.
Ice fishing rocks

If you are going to be stupid, you better be tough.

devo

QuoteCabinet door light does not come on
OK did I get ripped off, didn't know they came with a door light  :)

TedEbear

Quote from: devo on May 12, 2011, 03:22:31 PM
QuoteCabinet door light does not come on
OK did I get ripped off, didn't know they came with a door light  :)

I think he meant the little red power on light.  I was wondering that myself for a second or two.   ;D

Habanero Smoker

Hi Bubba2m;

Welcome to the forum.

Unless you have a multimeter, you cannot tell if the in-line fuse is still good. When the power light is on and there is no heat, that is a sign the element is bad and the in-line fuse and temperature sensor are still good. After replacing the element the light is not working indicating that the there is some break in the power. What occasionally happens when the element is replaced a person may pull the element out too far, and this may disconnect the wiring to the plug.

Before ordering any additional part, take the back off and make sure all three connectors to the plug are secure. Even if they look secure, disconnect them and plug them back in.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bubba2m

Sorry about confusion, I did mean red power light. All connections are secure,(unplugged and re-plugged) still no power. I might sound dumb  :P but is the fuse the little porcelain looking thing that has Feng shue 10A250v on it that is crimped to the two wires ( you obviously wouldn't want me working on your computer any time soon  ;D)?

TedEbear

Quote from: Bubba2m on May 13, 2011, 09:43:48 AMmight sound dumb  :P but is the fuse the little porcelain looking thing that has Feng shue 10A250v on it that is crimped to the two wires 

The inline fuse looks like this:

Bubba2m

Thanks TedEBear, that helps. Going to have to try replacing that next. Thanks everyone for the ideas and help.

OU812

Have you tried bypassing the heat control switch to see if the switch is the problem?

Bubba2m

Thank you so much to everyone here that helped me out. It did turn out to be the in line fuse. got two loins in there now, (have to try it out after repairs ya know) ;D... Thanks again !!

ghost9mm

First welcome to the forum, Glad you are up and running, as you can tell someone will try to help you and there are no dumb questions on this forum, we have great group of very knowledgeable friendly people here..so now that you are up and smokin, we like to see lots of pictures here...again welcome and have lots of fun smokin... :D :D :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill