Hab

Started by Oldman, May 23, 2011, 08:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I've been very uphappy with the layout of the upgrade on the recipe site. We are looking at http://xenforo.com/

Look it over and reply with your input.
Olds.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

GusRobin

What are we supposed to see when we click the link? I clicked on the link and got some home page that didn't give any examples or anything just a list of benefits of the software it was trying to sell.
Further investigation didn't seem worth the effort since I am okay with the current layout.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

That is quite a change from the current layout. There is a lot to look at. I'll try to give some input by Friday, if not then by next Tuesday; since the weekend is going to be a busy one for me.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Habanero Smoker

Hi Olds;

It took me a while to get use to viewing the new format. Most of the forums I use have a format similar to the one on the Recipe Site, and this one. After moving around in their forum, and saw the format in different skins, I became more comfortable viewing their format.

The moderator tools seem to be easy to access and look easier to use. My main concern is how much HTML functions does this forum support. The features I want most is hypertext links within the document, a feature that was lost in the last upgrade. I am also confused about the types of list categories it supports.

There are a lot of new terms being used by xenforo that I am not familiar with, but I don't believe there will be too long of a learning curve. Other than that I can not find any issues with switching to this format.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)