Bacon curing question

Started by bears fan, May 24, 2011, 07:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bears fan

So I have 8 pounds of belly curing and 4 pound of loin for bacon that i was planning on smoking this weekend, but as luck has it I am going to have to work this weekend due to flooding issues on the Missouri River.  So, my question is this....can I refreeze this and smoke later because I will not have time for a while?

wyoduke

I would just let it keep curing, i took 3 loins and cured them one 7 days one 14 and one 21 the 21 day was by far the best so just my 2 cents ;D
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

MidKnightRider

I've had some curing for 17 days before smoking and no trouble.
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

I would rinse, pat dry, vac seal and throw in the fridge then smoke it next week or if that aint happining freeze it.

I'm just sayin. 

FLBentRider

Quote from: OU812 on May 25, 2011, 08:54:48 AM
I would rinse, pat dry, vac seal and throw in the fridge then smoke it next week or if that aint happining freeze it.

x2
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: FLBentRider on May 25, 2011, 09:01:09 AM

x2
x3
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

I'm just sayin. 
Ditto Quatro!