BBQ Rotisserie

Started by goalieboy29, October 09, 2005, 08:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goalieboy29

Sorry all, but I need to get a message to our resident gadget guru. My Thanksgiving plan has had to be greatly modified...

Hey Olds,

This is not related to the Bradley but you know all about this stuff so here goes;

As you know, it is Canadian Thanksgiving this week-end and I was cooking a turkey on my BBQ rotisserie. A couple of hours in the motor conked out.Still running, but quite hot and not able to spin the bird. True enought we a re talking about a 25lb bird but this is supposed to be a "commercial grade" rotisserie motor. Is there any way to "soup up" the little electric motor so that it can handle a large bird? If not, where can I get a new unit that handles big stuff?

Thanks for any thoughts you can provide.

Cheers

goalieboy29

It's the wood that makes it good...
It's the wood that makes it good.

nsxbill

I have a Grand Hall SS BBQ I got from Sam's.  The rotisserie is very stout.  The rod itself in almost 1/2 again as thick as normal spinners, and the Motor is huge.  Still have to have a 25lb bird well balanced or it's own weight willl clunk against the slow rotatating rotisserie.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

Well I'm a little flat footed here....

If it is commercial grade are you running it on a light weight extension cord?

Years ago I learned that if you purchase an extension code it is best to just spend the extra monies and go with a 12 gauge if not a 10.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

goalieboy29

Thanks guys,

If it is any help, my motor is rated as .5 amp. 13 watt. I have no idea if that is sufficient for my needs. I found a motor at a website (reliable parts) and it claims to be good for 43 lbs! Better yet, it's only $20. Wonder if it's the real deal?

goalieboy29

It's the wood that makes it good...
It's the wood that makes it good.