• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Slider with position markings

Started by gbritten_nh, June 04, 2011, 08:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbritten_nh

As I do not have an Auber yet, and have been swgging where I put the temperature control slider, today I added this scale to the slider to halp me get reproducible levels of power when needed, and to document where the slider was in my smoking logs.  Only time will tell if this will help much, though it cannot hurt!

Attentive observes will see a grease stain in the scale, caused by a crack in the faceplate that apparently nearly everybody observes on their OBS.  owever, I do not see that it is doing much harm, so I will probably not try to replace the faceplate unless issues arise later.

Sorry about the poor quality photo, Blackberry at pretty close range, but you get the idea

Any comments?  I realize this will not equate to a measure of output power directly (IE 50% scale is probably not 250 Watts on the element), it is just so if I have a good temp one time, I can reproduce it another time better, assuming the amount of meat and it's IT is roughly the same, and ambient conditions are reasonably similar.

Habanero Smoker

You should try to seal that crack to prevent moisture and/or grease from getting to the circuit board. RTV silicone gasket seal works well.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TestRocket

I wonder if you're using the door thermometer to correlate with your slider scale or using a digital probe hanging under your meat as an inside reference? In my thinking you would get a more consistence result with a digital probe! Just a thought, good luck!  ;D

gbritten_nh

I am using a maverick ET-732.  I also do not really expect correlation except on any given session, different mass, IT, placement, etc all contribute to big variations between sessions.  I always place the probe below the lowest meat tray when using the Maverick.