Fort Wayne Indiana

Started by jiggerjams, June 07, 2011, 06:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggerjams

Hi All,

Heading to Fort Wayne Indiana this weekend for my son's baseball tournament. We will be traveling from Toronto area. If anyone knows of some good foodie stops and/or attractions that would be fantastic.

Always looking to pick up a good bbq restaurant or places to pick up rubs, sauces or some mies if it can be found.

Thanks all,

JJ

jiggerjams

Hmmm doesn't look like I am heading to anywhere popular. :-\

Oh well it's not the first time. If I find anything worth reporting about I will be sure to let you all know.

squirtthecat

Sorry - I looked on the map and nothing looks remotely familiar..    :(

Smokin Soon

Only thing that comes to mind is the Amish places outside Ft Wayne. They usually will have things not available elsewhere.

jiggerjams

Hey no worry guys. My son's team is notorious for picking tournaments that do not have much touristy stuff. Suppose to get a lot of rain so I may have time to pursue the Amish community. I would like that.

Thanks for the tip and hopefully I stumble across something that I can share with you all.

lumpy

The only thing I liked about driving from Toronto to Ft. Wayne was the duty free at Port Huron :D

jiggerjams

Yep I love duty free.

I had a great time in Indiana. Good people there. The boy played at Indiana State Perdue University, it was a very nice facility. I couldn't find any local smoke bbq restaurants so I defaulted in going to a steak and seafood house called Chops. Food was amazing and service was superb. If you end up in the Fort Wayne area I highly reccommend giving Chops a try.

http://www.chopsfortwayne.com/