Homemade CS Bonless Pork Ribs

Started by Tenpoint5, June 07, 2011, 10:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Miss Vicky called me from the grocery store and asked what I wanted for dinner. Ribs sound good but I didn't want to be paying $3.50lb for spares. So I had her pick up a 6lb Boston butt for $1.59lb. I removed the bone and cut it into slabs and scored them. I received a new rub in the mail the other day that I am interested in giving a shot.

I rubbed a couple of them down with the Bacon Rub and the rest I just put some Andy's seasoning salt on. They are all wrapped in plastic and resting in the fridge for a couple of hours. I will probably cook these on the grill. Not enough time for them to marinate in the fridge and cook in the Bradley. Will post more on the rub after dinner.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SnellySmokesEm

Hurry Up and cook them already!  I wanna see pics!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

squirtthecat

Is that rub from the Bacon Salt people?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: squirtthecat on June 07, 2011, 11:02:21 AM

Is that rub from the Bacon Salt people?

Yes it is Pat. They also rolled out another new flavor that I am a little apprehensive about. Tomato Salt!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

OU812

I've done the same thing with pork loins sliced length ways, kinda looks like BB ribs with out the bones. ;D

That rub sounds gooood!

That Tomato might not be to bad on the right things.

I use an tomato powder on a few things with great results.

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

I'm bettin it will be done in about an hr.  :D

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Tenpoint5

Coming out of the fridge and warming up while the grill was getting heated up

Got to looking on my shelves and happened to find a jar of this stuff nestled in the back. Yes I bogarted this all to myself!!

The plate coming in off the grill.

All plated up ready for consumption with some buttered corn and cheese covered hash browns. Didn't have room for the three pieces of watermelon I added to the party!

A close up

Miss Vicky got a hold of my phone. I think that was number 6 or 7 for the night. It is hot outside ya know its like 98ยบ at 6 pm. I had to cool off.

Needless to say this meal didn't SUCK in any way shape or form!!

OU812

HEY!

It looks like you lost some weight.  :D

That there plate of grub looks GREAT!!!

How was the texture,,,, of the pork?

OU812

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on June 07, 2011, 06:14:30 PM
HEY!

It looks like you lost some weight.  :D It was the Camera angle, I swear!!! I am still fat as ever!!

That there plate of grub looks GREAT!!!

How was the texture,,,, of the pork? It was delicious and it was just like rib meat in texture.

OU812

ghost9mm

Chris...that really looks good, looks like you use as much pepper as I do...lol
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill