breaking in new OBS - temp problems?

Started by chrisj8221, June 12, 2011, 01:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisj8221

Just unpacked my 4 rack OBS and followed the instructions to "season" the smoker.  Temperature wise, i ran it for 1 hour 20 minutes and the temp guage on the front did not go above 130F with the temp slide all the way over to high heat.  Is this normal or might i have a problem with the equipment?

thanks in advance

chris

GusRobin

almost sounds like only the smoke generator was working. unplug and replug all the plugs and make sure they are in tight. Does the outlet you have it plugged into have a lot of other things on that line. Did you have it on an extension cord? The bradley is fickle about sharing power or getting it off extension cords.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

sounds like there was no power going to the cabinate

ghost9mm

It would be nice to hear if he got it working..??
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Habanero Smoker

It does sound like the problem is in the cabinet and not the generator. Just in case try the following trouble shooting tips.

Try plugging the cabinet directly into an outlet to see if the element will work? You will need to swap the the short power cord with a computer power cord to be able to plug into the outlet. (If it doesn't work you have a loose connection in the cabinet, or bad element, or a bad temperature circuit board. If it works then the problem is either the connection between the cabinet and generator; or a loose wire inside the generator.)

Did you notice if the Heat Indicator light was working? (If working it's a good indication the element is bad)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

chrisj8221

no i have not gotten it to work yet.

I have checked all of the plugs and they are all in tight.  however, I will check the light tonight when i get home.  I probably have a bad element as the smoke generator did work just fine.

thanks for all of the help!