Super Cheese Saturday

Started by NePaSmoKer, June 11, 2011, 09:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Got some assorted cheese to smoke today.

Going with the Bradley/Traeger cold smoke setup with American Apple pellets.

Yeah i know, smokes better with wrappers off.....HAHA Only on so i know placements.

Quarlow

Huh, I am a smartass and I don't even have to type anything. Looks good Rick as always.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ghost9mm

That's alot of cheese, if you eat all of that you may clog the plumming...lol
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Keymaster

Thats gonna be good Rick, last time you smoked cheese, some cheese con-a-sewer chimed in and tried sayin real cheese aint Square  :D :D :D  We'll have none of thats nonsense today ;D ;D ;D

pensrock

What on earth is 'Boxing Cheddar'? Never heard of it.
With all the cheese you have in the fridge now, you trying to get to the 100 lb. mark?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on June 11, 2011, 02:00:54 PM
What on earth is 'Boxing Cheddar'? Never heard of it.
With all the cheese you have in the fridge now, you trying to get to the 100 lb. mark?

I found the boxing cheese at Giant so i figured why not. Prob close to 100 lbs

Forgot to video the final so here it is in photo form.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Keymaster

Awesome, I liked the video too!!!

TestRocket

MidKnightRider

Good looking group of cheese.
It has been 94°-96° here so I'm out of cheese and do not know about smoking more at this time.
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

hal4uk

With that music... 
You should have included a clip of that voice-over guy in his new HAT!  ;D  ;D  ;D

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: hal4uk on June 13, 2011, 10:47:33 AM
With that music... 
You should have included a clip of that voice-over guy in his new HAT!  ;D  ;D  ;D

The cheesy hat.

Bavind

Great video. gives me some ideas on cold smoking. Do you ever use the Treager to make the smoke rather than the element and pan in the treager. What is the difference if you just used the Treager

OU812

Is that a block of Muenster I see in there?

Now thats sonme good stuff,,, that all looks gooood.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Bavind on June 13, 2011, 01:23:15 PM
Great video. gives me some ideas on cold smoking. Do you ever use the Treager to make the smoke rather than the element and pan in the treager. What is the difference if you just used the Treager

Yeah i have just used the lil'tex for smoke but found that when the auger stops with the pellets and they catch fire the temp in the bradley really shoots up. The little elect burner works way better with pellets and chips to deliver smoke.