Another new buyer

Started by jb9, October 20, 2005, 08:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb9

Hi everyone. I gew up in Northern California and still live here, and have never known anyone who did real BBQ or smoking. I had two amazing BBQ experiences lately and I've grown tired of eating charred ground beef all summer, so I decided to do some shopping for a smoker.

Over the weekend I stopped by the local BBQ store to check out their ~$100 smokers and saw the Bradley. It was waaaay more than I was planning on spending, but I decided to do some research. To make a long story short, I now have a SS Bradley on its way to my house.

Looking through the recipes on the bradley website, I think we'll be using that to cook an awful lot of our meals for the forseeable future. It all looks sooo good. If everything were to go perfectly, I'd like to host Thanksgiving and fulfill my wife's dream of having both turkey and ham. It's only a month away so I better get busy practicing!

It sounds like there's a ton of good advice here, so at the least I expect I'll be a regular reader.

car54

Welcome jb9,
There is alot of very good information here. I don't know how many people use the Bradley recipes so research what you want to smoke on this site. Also go this site www.susanminor.org It has recipes and tips from members of the Bradley forum.

Good smoking, Brad

Crazy Canuck

Welcome to the forum jb9.

I am sure you will find this site very usefull.  Be sure to post your results good or bad as we all learn from one another.

owrstrich

have they caught bigfoot up there in northern california yet...

i heard a few weeks ago they saw a family of bigfoots near happy camp...

wondered...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Oldman

Greetings jb9, and welcome to the forums.  Do register with our recipe site (it is not needed to view the recipes) and you then will have access to our chatroom.

<b><font color="blue">Recipe Site</font id="blue"></b>

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Phone Guy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by owrstrich</i>
<br />have they caught bigfoot up there in northern california yet...

i heard a few weeks ago they saw a family of bigfoots near happy camp...

wondered...

owrstrich

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well if jb9 saw the Bradley in a store, it wasn't up here where Bigfoot is. We do not have a store in Redding that carries Bradley smokers or bisquettes. Where do you call home jb9?

P.S. I wonder how long you would smoke a Bigfoot?

jb9

I'm in Sacramento. Not many bigfoot sightings around here. I'm not so sure I'd want to smoke one anyway. The smoker is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday! I've found about 8 recipes I want to try first and 6 more to try second. I'm going to have to find a better supply of meat than my nearby Bel Air. There's what looks like a good size meat store 2 miles from my house, so I'll definately have to stop by there and check them out.