Started by Tim C, October 21, 2005, 12:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim C

wow this is a great fourm I am new at this computer stuff but have been dabbeling in smokers and barbque for years my first smoker was a old fridge and a hot plate did a good job but was too big so I bought a true north smoker a lot more compact did a bout the the same as the fridge but did not take up as much space them i got into a new bronf ields  off set box model figued Ihad one unit that could do every thing from jerky too pulled pork well there were some short commings to say the least so Isold that one too and after a lot o f research tried my hand at a smoker /barbque that I saw on the smoke ring a brick model by the name of willber well after about 3 months of constuction and some of my own changes in design I had it compleat it s 8 feet tall 6 feet wide and 5 feet deep and works great will cook or smoke any thing to a turn but is big takes alot of wood to operate so I found a bradley at canadian tire and am interested in it as a trial smoker tp prefect my recipes in and then use them in the big guy up here in ontario canada we have a lot of mapeland it seems to work well we also have appel cherry and hicory but you have to l;ook a littel harder for them I am used to chunk wood and a littel sceptical about the biscute method any feed back would be great thanks tim

Arcs_n_Sparks

TimC,

Welcome to the forum. As you can see, a lot of great advice here. I would suggest a few periods in your posts.[:D]

Arcs_n_Sparks

jaeger

Welcome to the forum Tim!
Everyone here loves the bisquits. All you have to do is call Chez and you got about any flavor you want. The Bradley also is great for cold smoking!

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

Oldman

Greetings and Welcome.

We have a recipe site <b><font color="blue">Here.</font id="blue"></b> If you register on the recipe site then you will have access to our chat-room.

Again welcome to the forums.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Tim C

Thanks guys for the welcome and I will try to be more litteret but might make a few spelling mistakes .We will work on one thing at a time . Did want to say that I know that this is a Badley fourm .I do have the plans for this big brick smoker and it does work very well . I would be happy to give info to any one who would like to biuld one . I have picts too .But just got to get a Bradley so am going to town sunday to pick one up thanks agian guys. TIM

Name Deleted

Hey guys,

The GOD is back.

Tim, regarding the Bradley smoker, the Bradley is one of the most sophisticated piece of machinary. it allows you to go out and enjoy the better things in life without having to babysit your smoker, (that could mean extra loving from your wife/girlfriend). It has the capabillities to do either hot or cold smoke and the smoker is completely insulated compared to the true north where you could burn yourself if it gets hot enough. Those other smokers could really be hazardous to kids playing around the smoker too.
The bisquits arent even all that expensive for the amount of labour they put out. The bisquits , unlike other chips you would find in stores are 100% real wood chips from real trees unlike the artificial flavoured woodchips you would buy else where.

Like i say this is the CADILAC of smokers.

Hope you really buy this product for it is highly recomended. let us know how it has turned out for you.

God,

All hail the god of smoke

jaeger

Go BACK wherever you were!
You make me want to PUKE!!![xx(][xx(][xx(]

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jaeger</i>
<br />Go BACK wherever you were!
You make me want to PUKE!!![xx(][xx(][xx(]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> jaeger you are right on spot~~! Another name that sits really wrong with me is Nazi... (I don't care what TV show that names comes from that does not justify its use here.) Perhaps that is because some of my family did not make it back in the 40's due to them. I have about as much use for either of these take-off names as what the whale leaves in the bottom of the ocean. As jaeger said... <font color="red">Go BACK wherever you were! You make me want to PUKE!!! </font id="red">

Sorry all but enough is enough.  If someone cannot use a reasonable name then they should be banned. Even in gaming groups these two names would be pushing it. In fact in the BADS group, which I'm a member of,  if these two would not change their names they would be banned from our voice and gaming server. End of story... POOF! I cannot ban here... but you can believe this, anyone with this type of name(s) will be banned on the recipe site and will not have access to the chat room....period.

Where is Admin or Mr. Wade Bradley on this issue??????????????????????????? This is not funny to me. This is as serious to me as a stopped heart beat.

I just sent Chez an E-mail... let's see what happens. Sending one to Wade Bradley is a waste of time.... He seems to busy too answer E-mails.... no reply!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Name Deleted

WHO ARE WE REFERING TO HERE WITH THE INSULTING NAMES.

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by God_of_smoke</i>
<br />WHO ARE WE REFERING TO HERE WITH THE INSULTING NAMES.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I believe you are one of the persons being referred to but I'm sure you know that[;)].  As Olds said some names are just not in good taste.  The least you could do is use a lower case "g".

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

I just checked and these names have not be registered on the recipe site.

I'm in hopes that these names were picked out of funning and not to express one's lack of self awareness... or to express their perceived self in such a forceful way.

For years I've been on boards. I've seen many who wish to make a statment that will rub folks the wrong way. Again I do hope that this not the case here.

I would like to think we are all just food smokers under the sun.

Olds

Name Deleted

Hello everybody,

I would like to appologise if I had offended anybody with the name that I have chosen as my alliace. Being a believer myself I see how that could be offensive to some. I will promise to change my alliace after this incident. Once again my intent was not to offend anyone.

Thank you for bringing this matter forward.

Phone Guy

There is but one God and I'm sure you don't want to see him smoke anything. It might be you who refer to himself as a God.

Habanero Smoker

If the lower case is used, I have no problem with the use of the noun god, but I also realize that it could be offensive to others.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)