MAC N CHEESE

Started by ETHIKILL, June 22, 2011, 12:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ETHIKILL

Was out flounder fishing Monday and nabbed some flatties.  There is nothing like fresh fried flounder and mac and cheese, so I decided to try some smoked mac and cheese.   I ended up making a monster batch and used about 4 oz cheddar and 4 oz monteray jack, both previously smoked in the OBS using apple.  I would say the maccaroni and smoked cheese was a big hit at casa de ETHIKILL.  I do believe next time we'll just go with half of the cheese being of the smoked variety to tone it down ever so slightly.  Ham and bacon were omitted from the mac n cheese due to them being in the green beans.  I shall include a picture of the madness that ensued last evening.  On a side note, stewed tomatoes would have been awesome.

OU812

That plate of grub looks GREAT.

I totally agree with ya,,, "There is nothing like fresh fried flounder and mac and cheese"

Dont get to eat much fish at our place as I'm the only one who likes it. :'(

ghost9mm

Flounder being our favorite fish, but my wife and I make a meal out of Mac n Cheese that has ground vension in it and stewed tomatoes... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

ETHIKILL

Quote from: ghost9mm on June 22, 2011, 02:11:04 PM
Flounder being our favorite fish, but my wife and I make a meal out of Mac n Cheese that has ground vension in it and stewed tomatoes... :D

I'm a hunter too, that recipe sounds good.  Care to share?