• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

recommend a jerky gun.

Started by GusRobin, June 26, 2011, 09:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Looking for suggestions for reasonably priced jerky guns. Looking for something that is not on the high side, but not a "throw away" either.
thanks
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Mike53959

I have the Weston original jerky gun that works well for me. Its pretty solid and does a good job.

KyNola

I have the jerky gun from Gander Mountain.  It is their "in store" label.  The barrel is aluminum and the tubes are metal as well.  Works great.

DTAggie

I have the jerky gun from LEM.  Love it, no issues.

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Smurfatnz

the one i got from Hi Mountain is all plastic and works fine

Crank that smoker up and lets get cooking

Buck36

I would weigh how much jerky you plan on making. I bought an all plastic one called "the jerky shooter" the first time around and it ended up breaking. The Hi Mountain gun looks like it has a metal plunger which is good. The "Jerky Shooter" that I had was plastic and snapped.

I have the LEM gun now and haven't had any problems. It would have been cheaper to buy the LEM right from start.

JF7FSU

I bought the Weston Jerky Gun and it broke after 5 months and about 5 uses.  I am waiting to hear on warranty information.  The trigger mechanism is cheaply made.  The rest of it is pretty solid such as the tubes, nozzles, etc.   
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

wthr_dude

I have probably the cheapest plastic jerky gun ever made and I would hate to know how many pounds of meat have gone through it.  I don't even know the brand its one of the rare occasions where the super cheap has held up great

Tenpoint5

Gus,
Just get you one of the Kirby Cannons. They is a multi purpose toyool Ya know!! Sausage stuffer and jerky cannon!!

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!