Gots me a predicament

Started by OU812, June 29, 2011, 09:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Just looked at the calender and seen tomarrow will be the 30th.

Crap!!!

Thats our wedding anniversary,,,, our 25th,,,,  and I aint got nothin.

Ideas?

muebe

25 Years! Congrats man! You better come up with something really good :o
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

GusRobin

Nice dinner, flowers and a gift certificate
or
A new MAK
or
A handmade certificate good for a weekend trip (or longer) to XXXXX. (You say its handmade because you wanted here to pick the place before you made reservations.
or
Fake an illness
or
Something that she likes- jewelry, etc

But for 30 it is going to have to be good. I personaly used the "you pick the trip" option and it worked well.

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DisplacedCoonass

Steak
Ivy plant
Lingerie
Vase
Earrings
Rose/s

Keep her guessing and interested by telling her there's a theme to the gifts as you dole them out over the course of the day.  If you play it right, she might be so stumped she doesn't figure out you didn't remember until today.

Tenpoint5

2 Options

(Option 1)
Get you a 30 pack of Beer, a 1/5th of Jack and a fishing pole with the biggest sinker you can find (NO Hook). Wake up real early like and sneak on down to the river.  Cast that sinker out as far as you can the prop the pole in the ground in a shady place. Crack open the first beer and throw the cap to the 1/5 in the river. Consume all sources of Alcohol and nap periodically during the day. Arrive home hours after Miss Holly has gone to bed. When she asks you where the Heck you have been all day and just how could you forget about the Anniversary. You can tell her you didn't forget. You just figured that after 25 years you thought she deserved ONE day where she didn't have to put up with your Stupid ^%$!! She will be so appreciative You might not get hit in the head with a frying pan and you might just get some lovin's.

(Option 2)
Call Tabby and tell her you want to make it a special day but haven't been able to find the perfect gift for Mom. What would she suggest on short notice? That way you have proof that you didn't forget like the MORON you is!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

I didnt forget,,,, I still have the rest of the day.  :D

And for the fishing, cant even get close to the river, the sheriff is ticketing anyone who tries, the drinkin part I can handle. ;D

Were in a flood round these parts.  :o

Ka Honu

Well I'd love to help out here but my record indicates that the only useful thing I could do would be to tell you some of the things I've done and advise you to do exactly the opposite. Or I could just shut up.  That's the ticket! I'll shut up.

ghost9mm

Well i am not going to tell you what to do, I think I will just wait and find out what the out come was.. if you don't show up on the forum for a week,I guess we can expect the worst...lol.. :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Caribou

I think you should go out for a really nice dinner and then go see the new Transformers movie.!
Hey it's your anniversary, too  :D :D
Carolyn

OU812

Got her a big ole hanging strawbery plant,,,,,,,, does that count?  :D

Taking her out for dinner tonight, was gonna go to this fish place I like but figured we should go to a place she likes, seein how she dont like fish.  ;D

SamuelG

How did the she like the strawberry plant?  :)

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

OU812

Quote from: SamuelG on June 30, 2011, 06:42:40 PM

SamuelG

She was like a kid in a candy store, started the strawberrys as soon as she got the plant in her hands.

She loves strawberrys.  ;D

She loved the dinner too, the kids showed up and she was sooooooo supprised.

squirtthecat

Quote from: OU812 on July 01, 2011, 06:10:55 AM
Quote from: SamuelG on June 30, 2011, 06:42:40 PM

SamuelG

She was like a kid in a candy store, started the strawberrys as soon as she got the plant in her hands.

She loves strawberrys.  ;D

She loved the dinner too, the kids showed up and she was sooooooo supprised.

So you done good!   See what all those months of planning can do?   :D :D

Tenpoint5

Sounds like the Mrs. enjoyed herself and your off the hook for another year.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Yep,,,, all the planning and pre planning worked out just right.  :D