Pheasant Recipe

Started by jaeger, October 27, 2005, 06:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeger

The pheasant season is now open in South Dakota and the bird counts are higher than they have been in 40 years. My neighbor brought over a sample of a recipe that has been in his family for many years.

Bone out pheasant breast and thighs. Cut into strips or nuggets.
Soak nuggets overnight in a mixture of 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons of your favorite worchestire sauce and 2 shakes of tobasco sauce.
When ready to cook, bread with finely chopped cracker crumbs.
Fry using a stick of butter or margarine.

These are easy to make and taste great!!![:p]

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

manxman

Mmmm..... somebody promised me some pheasant breasts a while ago, time to call in that promise methinks!!

Nice recipe.[:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

jaeger

Went out for a while on Thursday and "picked" up a couple of the main ingredient.
I thought we lost one bird that my Lab kicked up, but my brothers Lab came through with a nice blind retrieve.
Good Time!!![8D][;)][:D]

Fuzzybear

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...I thought it would be a smoker recipe...our season is open also but again, I'm traveling so much, I can't get out there.  Next year for sure - the whitetail tag and small game along with turkey tags and fishing!

"A mans got to know his limitations"

jaeger

It's GREAT to hear from you Fuzzybear!!!![:D]
Don't forget, life is to short. You have to stop and taste the smoke...once in a while!
Don't worry, my next pheasant post will have the smoke put to it and I will throw on a couple pics.

Peace out Fuzzy!!!