A B-17 just strafed my office...

Started by squirtthecat, July 01, 2011, 08:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

:o   For real.

These folks are in Springfield this weekend, offering tours and rides.

http://www.b17.org/

Neat looking plane - I couldn't get a picture without shooting into the sun.    But it is impressive.  (and LOUD - I couldn't imagine the skies filled with these birds)

I did find a few pics of it..

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Them Flying Fortress are way cooool.

Theres only about 15 of them that can still fly.

There will be one of those bad boys in Lincoln Ne. July 12 and 13 and for a pretty Pennie you can get a 20 min ride.

NePaSmoKer

That is cool. Them old war birds made way for others.

I did 20 years with Northrop Aircraft. Worked on f-5, T-38, F-20 and my last 10 years at ASD AKA: B2 Division.

Some of my personal pics.

This shot was at night at USAFB Plant 42 in Palmdale Calif. The Hangar in back is the engine run dock. All engine full runs are done inside to keep eyes in the sky out. The hangar to the right is the Avionics, Left Hangar (not shown) is the paint hangar.

This pic is with the B1-B Lancer which was built across the field at Rockwell. The F117 Stealth Fighters were built on the other side at Lockheed Skunkworks.

I have many other but i think some are still deemed classified so i cant post until un classified.

NePaSmoKer

I think this pic is un classified. If not send me goodies in Federal Prison  ;D

We called these the 5 Amigos for ships 1 thru 5. My job was all overhead crane operations and internal transportation lead man. What an honor it was craning in the hangar & tugging these bad boys from hangar to hangar.

DisplacedCoonass

Crazy pics!  For me, nothing beats the look of an SR-71 Blackbird though.  "Weapons?  As fast as we're going we don't need weapons!"

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: DisplacedCoonass on July 01, 2011, 09:21:00 AM
Crazy pics!  For me, nothing beats the look of an SR-71 Blackbird though.  "Weapons?  As fast as we're going we don't need weapons!"

SR is a Skunkworks plane like the TR1. SR is mothballed....or supposed to be  ;D

Seen many an SR at Plant 42

Yours truly at the tug wheel  ;D This pic the B2 is being positioned in the paint hangar.

Engine run dock early in the morning getting ready for run up. The run up tarmak had to be FO free. When the hangar doors were closed and engines at full power it would suck things under the door and could FOD out the engines.

FO is Foreign Object
FOD is Foreign Object Damage

SnellySmokesEm

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

TestRocket

Bigbirdoffroad

This is what I work on.
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

NePaSmoKer

Thats cool.

I used to watch them C-130 Do night flare drops at EAFB.

Smokin Soon

No intention of a thread hijack here, but for some great USAF aircraft pics, check this out

http://bobshermanspage.com/USAFPlanes.html

hal4uk

Just catchin' up some...

Wuz at a 4th party... 
A friend went UP in one of those flying fortresses here...
Pretty danged amazing birds.

Stop me now -- before I go on a PATRIOTIC RANT.
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ghost9mm

I had to go looking for this picture and it took awhile, but looking at the plane pictures brought back some old memories...the picture of the C-119 was the first plane I jumped from and when they loaded the plane with jumpers there were 20 men on each side..40 men and a jump master.

that picture of me was taken in 1955....yes I know just how old I am...lol

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Bigbirdoffroad

G9MM, That's a great pic of you in your jump gear. I can't even imagine how hard it was with that stuff between your legs. What is that stuff anyway?
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!