• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

meat market

Started by car54, October 30, 2005, 04:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

At times it is frustrating finding different cuts and types of meat at affordable prices. Either it is chain grocery stores which have the basics or upscale stores that have more to pick from but their prices are too high.

I went to a Mexican grocery store and they had the selection and low prices. They had pork bellies, skirt steaks, briskets and many other cuts. They even had 1/2 baby goats. I'll be shopping there more often.

Brad

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

hello brad, just a tip, ask you butcher for cryovac paks and ask for a discount, thats how they get it and if they dont have to do anything but hand you the cryovac pak they will give you a cheaper price, go to some of the smaller chain stores , plus once you get to know your butcher bring him some treats to try, who knows might start to get a better price [:)]

jb9

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by car54</i>
They even had 1/2 baby goats. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Which half?

I hadn't thought of a mexican store. There's one near me. My mother in law went there and it was so mexican she actually thought she'd have to pay in pesos. [xx(] Maybe I'll stop by and have a look.