• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

range hood for indoor smoking

Started by neocostical, July 10, 2011, 04:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neocostical

i was wondering if anyone has used a range hood in there garage over there smoker to smoke indoors? if so how did it work?

ghost9mm

Don't have range hood, but if it is vented I wouldn't know why it would not work, they do it in resturants all the time...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

aces-n-eights

neo, here's a pic of my setup.  I have this in my garage.  The range hood doesn't completely evacuate all the smoke, but does a good job.  I vented the hood thru the wall to the outside of the garage.  I wouldn't do it inside the house, but garage works for me.

US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

OU812

I made mine.  ;D

Its a fart sucker for the bathroom, been useing it for about 2 years now without a problum.

Got one of these thingys on the outside.

I use my smoker year round.

muebe

Nice design OU812 ;)

Put another smoker cabinet outside and connect it to the exhaust and you got a cold smoker :D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

neocostical

Thanks for the great Pics and the advice.  I think I am going to look for a range hood.  I should be able to find one reasonably priced or even free.  Northern Minnesota winters get pretty cold and it is difficult smoking when its 40 below so a hood would probably work great.