• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

How clean is clean enough

Started by Jims83cj5, November 03, 2005, 02:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims83cj5

I just got my bs an used it 3 times in the last 48 hours and decided to clean it up,,,,,,,man,,,,,,,its a mess[:(]. Besides the racks and the drip tray how clean are ya supposed to get this thing[?]. I scrubbed a long time and it sure ain't that clean yet. BTW the bacon wrapped chicken breast recipe i got off the forum was incredible.       Jim C

tsquared

Just scrub your racks off, wipe the door seal down and keep an eye on your vent--it will start to gum up after several smokes and you need to unscrew the movable part and scrub underneath. Don't worry about getting it spotless.
T2

nsxbill

I clean the vpan, the racks, the water dish, the seal and the vent and the black cover over the slider switch.  I use oven cleaner on the Vpan, the water pain and the racks.  The black on the inside adds flavor as well as character[:D] to your smoker.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />I clean the vpan, the racks, the water dish, the seal and the vent and the black cover over the slider switch.  I use oven cleaner on the Vpan, the water pain and the racks.  The black on the inside adds flavor as well as character[:D] to your smoker.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yepper~~!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

wbaird7

I soak the racks, drip pan (v-pan), and water pan in hot water with Oxi Clean. After about a 30 minute soak I put them in the dishwasher. I clean the vent and the door seal with hot soapy water. I wipe out the bottom of the tower. I never clean the inside sides and top of the tower.

Regards Bill :o)

liquid25

I haven't used my BS yet, but let me ask you folks this. Don't you find that when going from smokin something with oils in it (such as salmon) to going to something dry (jerky) that the jerky seems to pick up some of the oils? I (think) I've noticed this using other smokers - maybe it's just in my head.