Vegetarian smoked meals?

Started by jeepersjeep, July 18, 2011, 01:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepersjeep

Please do not burn me at the cross but, I do have some vegetarian family members and was wanting to make something for them on the Bradley.
I'll be "Dueling Bradley's" this year for Thanksgiving dinner and thought, one for meat, one for non-meat.
Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!
I'm not an evil person but I sure like evil knives.

Habanero Smoker

Don't worry about this question. Many of us have relatives and/or friends that are vegetarians or on some type of restricted diet.

I was recently communicating with another member about this same subject. I've been trying to make time to go through some of my recipes, but in the mean time you can take a look at the below link of the recipe site. Also I find that with vegetable, that includes tofu, it is best to apply the smoke with the Bradley then incorporate the vegetables in the recipe, or finish by grilling, or roast at high temperatures in the oven. When you incorporate smoked vegetable in a recipe, I generally will only choose one (at the most two) smoked vegetable to add, or the dish comes out way too smoky.

Smoked Vegetables

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

jeepersjeep

Great! Thank you for the link!

La Quinta

Jeepers...we had to do Thanksgiving one year for 6 meat eaters and three Veggie lovers...we made the vegetarians veggie pot pies..we smoked the onions and carrots and then did home made veggie stock with the smoked elements...then just the basic pot pie with no meat a lotta of veggies(asparagus is key)...and importantly...every vegetarian got their own individual pie. And they could eat all of the sides they wished to...squash soup...pumpkin banana mousse tarts for dessert..

Those pumpkin banana tarts are delicious!  :) It's an Ina Garten recipe (can't take the credit)  ;D

jeepersjeep

Whoa! That sounds perfect. Where would I find directions on how to do that? That's really exactlywhat I'm looking for.

La Quinta

They are both Ina Garten recipes...I did tweak them but didn't mess with the tart...both the veggie pot pie and the tart...just go to food network's website...really killer....the squash soup is mine...but...I found it fascinating to make veggie stock...we don't do veggie stock very often just had to wing it...it's all about caramelizing the veggies...thats where the color and richness of the stock comes into the pie...anyhoo...send me a pm if you need anymore help!

jeepersjeep

Sounds great! thanks for the info. I'll just see what comes out and tweek it from there. Great idea and thanks once again for the help.