Apple Smoked Chicken Pot Pie

Started by smoker pete, July 26, 2011, 07:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

I've learned to maximize my pellet use when smokin' Chickens these days by throwing in a couple extra Chickens.  I burn the same amount of pellets whether I'm smoking 1 or 4 chickens.  The last time I smoked some Chickens in my MAK 2 Star General Pellet Grill I stayed true to form and popped in a couple extra chickens.  Vacuum packed the extra chicken halves for future use.

Today was back to the future.  Decided to use up some of the Apple Smoked Chicken for a nice Chicken Pot Pie.  I must admit that this is my first Chicken Pot Pie but will not be my last!  This is a very easy recipe to make and a great way to incorporate leftovers.

Ingredients:

1+ lbs of diced Apple Smoked Chicken
    4 cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
    1 tub (10 oz) Philadelphia® Savory Garlic Cooking Cream
    1 can (10¾ oz) Cream of Chicken soup
    1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (½ of 14.1 oz pkg)

Mix the Apple Smoked Chicken, mixed vegetables, Cooking Cream, and Cream of Chicken soup in a large bowl.  Spoon the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate.

Cover the mixture with the Pie Crust; seal and fluted the edges.  Cut several slits in the Pie Crust.  Pre-Heated the MAK Grill to 410ºF.  Place the Apple Smoked Chicken Pot Pie on a baking sheet and into the MAK for 40 - 45 minutes.

Let the Apple Smoked Chicken Pot Pie rest for 10 minutes before serving.

The money $shot ... A couple of slices of Apple Smoked Chicken Pot Pie with a side of Cantaloupe Melon ... Bon Appétit ...

The combination of the Philadelphia® Savory Garlic Cooking Cream and Cream of Chicken soup made for a flavorful sauce for the pot pie.  The Apple Smoked Chicken though was the star of this dish!!  It added that WOW factor and brought the Chicken Pot Pie to another dimension.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Habanero Smoker

Looks good. I may add that to my list of comfort foods. Those Philadelphia cooking creams are great.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

squirtthecat

Very nice...   I'll have to pick up some of that cream and try it out.

SouthernSmoked

Heck Yeah Pete...very nice!

Wifey purchased some of the cooking cream the other day, not sure what she has plan but...

Well she make have to do a rethink now.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

TestRocket

That looks great! I'd be happy to join you for dinner!  ;D

ghost9mm

Dang !!! Pete y'all do really great job, that pot pie is without a dought true comfort food...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on July 27, 2011, 04:59:57 AM
Heck Yeah Pete...very nice!

Wifey purchased some of the cooking cream the other day, not sure what she has plan but...

Well she make have to do a rethink now.

That cooking creme is good stuff. Go to the following site for recipe ideas. I check it often for new recipes.

Philidelphia Cooking Creme

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

OU812

Now thats my kinda pie.

Did using that pie crust make the finished product a little to sweet?

smoker pete

Quote from: OU812 on July 27, 2011, 01:48:21 PM

Did using that pie crust make the finished product a little to sweet?

Didn't really notice Curt.  Could have!? ;D :-\

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl