• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

casings in frig?

Started by kfin, July 27, 2011, 07:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kfin

I made my first sausage the other day. Only mixed up 1 lb of 2 different recipes to see which we liked best. We LOVED it.

I pulled out enough casings to do about 4 or 5 pounds. The unused ones have been in water in the refrigerator for 4 days. Are they still good to use? Or should I just toss them. I realize I should have put them back in salt and into the frig, but I had grand plans of doing it the next morning.....

Will post pics later of my first products.

Thanks,
Keith

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: kfin on July 27, 2011, 07:37:11 AM
I made my first sausage the other day. Only mixed up 1 lb of 2 different recipes to see which we liked best. We LOVED it.

I pulled out enough casings to do about 4 or 5 pounds. The unused ones have been in water in the refrigerator for 4 days. Are they still good to use? Or should I just toss them. I realize I should have put them back in salt and into the frig, but I had grand plans of doing it the next morning.....

Will post pics later of my first products.

Thanks,
Keith

You can get the water from them and pack real good with the salt or use some non iodized salt to cover.

kfin

I am going to stuff some more tonight. So they are still good to be used?

As far as salt, will the "purified salt" that I bought a bucket of work for this?

Thanks NEPA

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: kfin on July 27, 2011, 09:37:14 AM
I am going to stuff some more tonight. So they are still good to be used?

As far as salt, will the "purified salt" that I bought a bucket of work for this?

Thanks NEPA

yes & yes