• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Slicing smoked meat

Started by kfin, July 27, 2011, 08:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kfin

I am looking at the Chef's Choice 610 slicer. It will be used for slicing deli meat, cheese, whole ribeye types of meat for steaks, and I want to use it to slice brisket, pork loins, turkey that comes right out of the smoker.

Most reviews say that this cuts partially frozen meat much better than raw refrigerated, but I don't see anything anywhere about cooked meat. I want a slicer that I can cut my smoked stuff after it sits for a bit and we are standing around with our forks picking at it impatiently! Will it work for that? Or should I simply invest in some nice knives?

Thanks,
Keith

begolf25

Keith,

I picked up the same slicer earlier this year. This unit will slice warm or hot meats but you can slice much thinner slices if the meat is cold.

Bryan

squirtthecat

Ditto.   I usually let it cool off first (usually overnight), then it draws the moisture back into the meat and doesn't run all over the place when you slice it.   The flavors 'mingle' a bit more that way.

It's a good slicer, you'll like it.

SouthernSmoked

I agree with Bryan and Pat however make sure to add the Non-Serr M610 Blade/ultra thin sl

Mfg:S610001 SKU:58249
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

viper125

Looking at the same one. Will this cut larger cuts of meat? I missed a nice holbart sliced this morning by 10 minutes. 175.00
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

squirtthecat

For the big 10 pound turkey boulders, I usually cut them in half.   I have done whole slabs of belly bacon on it, but it's a bit of a trick... (will cut them in 1/2 next time)

That would have been a steal on a Hobart.

viper125

Got a 610 ordered and on the way. Looks good for the money but if not I'll still find a used Hobart.or those with a 610 I have a ham blade ordered too. Can you tell me why I need it. Wont the serrated blade cut thin?
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.