• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My BDS went for a flight!!!!!!! HELP

Started by bundy, August 02, 2011, 04:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundy

Had a storm with 60mph winds last night and it sent the smoker for a flight and CRASH. The cabinet looks beyond repair, door bent but I think the rest will be OK.  Any ideas to salvage, buy another cabinet, build a smoker with the parts or?

BUNDY

Tenpoint5

Man that sucks. Not sure which direction to send you for a new cabinet
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

Doh that is a cryin' shame. Sorry to hear this Bundy. We get a lot of wind here to so I always keep mine inside. You could try getting an old bar size fridge and turn it into a smoker. Just a thought. Or you could build a plywood cabinet. As I little guy my dad had a plywood smoker. It was 3'x3'x12' and we could do a ton of salmon in it. Later we built a couple that were not as big, maybe 2.5x2.5x4'. You could make one that is just the right size for your bradley racks and then make it as tall as you want.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

GusRobin

if it is only the door, buy a new door.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Quarlow

Hey do you live near PA. NePaSmoker has a proofer he is giving away. The ultimate smoker with your parts.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Habanero Smoker

It hard to tell which way you should go without seeing the damage. If it is only the door, then it can be replaced, but I would check to make sure the hinge pin is not damaged, or not too damage that it cannot be straightened out. Was the generator was attached to the smoker at the time it was blown over. If so, you may want to check that out to make sure it is working.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bundy

I would love to find a proofer but have not had any luck finding one out here in South Dakota, LONG WAYS to PA for Ricks proofer.

No the door looks like it is the only thing any good, the cabinet is bent bad in 2 corners and would be hard to repair so it sealed, I will have to plug the generator in to see if it still works, one of the mounting screws broke off inside the cabinet. I was smart enough to take the Aubor off the night before.

GusRobin

You can call Bradley and see what a cabinet would cost. Based upon that you may want to just bite the bullet and buy an OBS for $250-$260 since you already have a PID. Then see if you can sell the generator if it is still working.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

OU812

Man that really sucks.

Had my smoker take a fall right on its face, didnt mess anything up like yours, now mine is in my shed year round.

If the generator is still working you could make your self a smoker outta an old fridge or if your wanting to sell it I could use a spare generator.

ghost9mm

Ouch !!! would really like to see a picture of the damage, any chance of insurance covering any part of it...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Quarlow

Not to step on anyones toes (OU812) but if your SG works fine and you end up getting a whole new smoker , that spare SG comes in handy. Every once in a while mine decides it don't want to work so I just yank it of and on goes the spare. Then I can keep smoking and clean up the other.

OBS
BBQ

OU812

Quote from: Quarlow on August 07, 2011, 12:18:32 PM
Not to step on anyones toes (OU812) but if your SG works fine and you end up getting a whole new smoker , that spare SG comes in handy. Every once in a while mine decides it don't want to work so I just yank it of and on goes the spare. Then I can keep smoking and clean up the other.

Thats what I was hoping for.  ;D