• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Howdy from MO

Started by boxertrio, November 14, 2005, 09:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxertrio

Greetings from southwest Missouri, just picked up my BS at the Pro Shops Outlet Store today.  I've got her fired up now!  Hope to do some cheese tonite and some sausage tomorrow.  All the recipies on the site look great, can't wait to try'em all.
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

boxertrio

I noticed during the cure that the burner seems to be burning 1/4 to 1/2 of the next puck in line.  Is this normal?

Glenn
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

jaeger

boxertrio,
Welcome to the forum!
Since the pucks are touching, the puck on deck will start to burn a little. If you are at the end of the cycle and you are not using bubba pucks, the puck on the hot plate will turn to ash and a good chance the puck on deck will be pretty charred if it sits in this position for a long time.
Bubba pucks are aluminum pucks that push off the last wood puck. They are available through the site admin Chez Bubba. Here is the link.http://www.chezbubba.com

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

tsquared

Welcome Boxertrio! Let us know how the first smoke turns out.
T2

Oldman

Welcome to the forums....

Isn't Missouri a tad warm for cheese this time of the year?

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Box dude,

Welcome!  Don't make yourself one of them there strangers around here.

One last thing, seen any ducks there in MO.  I t looks like they are all held up there.  No water or weather to bring them down.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Gordon

Welcome, and they are right.  Bubba pucks are the only thing that prevents puck wastage.

I do cheese all the time here in Mississippi.  And with this cold front, you should have no trouble keeping it cool enough.  If not, put a glass bowl full of ice in there for about 20 minutes before you start.

Gordo

boxertrio

Thanks for the advice!  First smoke was some sausage and porkchops (cheap if I messum up)and they were great!  For the cheese I plumbed my generator thru my old smoker box, then to my BS, kept the temp about 75 or so.  I did sharp cheddar with pecan smoke, turned out good but 1 1/2 hours was a bit to long of a smoke for my tast.  Will do some oysters (60 or so)this weekend for a little get together.

"You don't need a Hibachi to cook Japanese!"-BMW Motorcycles

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, Glenn!

In case you weren't aware of it, smoked cheese usually tastes much, much better if you wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for a few days to a week before eating it.  The smoke flavor diffuses throughout the cheese and it loses any "ashy" taste that may be on the surface immediately after its smoked.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA