• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cabinet not heating up

Started by BFR, August 06, 2011, 05:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFR

The power indicator light is not coming on and the cabibet itself is not heating up beyond the heat the smoke generator is supplying.  I am thinking it might be a fuse?  Any thoughts?  If it is the fuse where is it and how do I get to it?  Is there a fuse other than the one on the smoke generator?  I appreciate everybody's help.  Thanks.

Rick

classicrockgriller

Make sure you have a good connection on all your plugs.

GusRobin

Not sure on the digital, but if you take the back off the OBS you will see the fuse connected to the temp sensor. You can take readings to see if it is blown. Since I eliminated the plug, or the temp slider as being the problem. So it was down to the fuse. I cut the red wire below the fuse and above it and spliced it together. Everything then worked. Since I have a PID I felt it was okay to use it while I waited for a replacement from Yard and Pool (bought 2 since they are cheap and I like the insurance.)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Hi BFR;

Welcome to the forum.

Here is a link that will help you trouble shoot:
FAQ's

If you remove the back panel, while it is off check the connections going to the plug. Also make sure the connections to the element are tight, but don't over tighten them or you will strip the treads.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)