smoker wont heat up

Started by wipf9994, August 07, 2011, 07:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wipf9994

Used twice worked fine 1st time and second time set temp at 290 but temp wont go higher than 214 degrees..

GusRobin

I assume those are empty cabinent temps? Are you using a different extension chord? Are there other things operating on the same circuit?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

mikecorn.1

Make sure all your connections are good. Unplug and plug everything back in.
Mike

wipf9994

Quote from: GusRobin on August 07, 2011, 07:53:04 AM
I assume those are empty cabinent temps? Are you using a different extension chord? Are there other things operating on the same circuit?
No its not empty cabinet temp and no extention cord used. it is on a circuit in my garage

wipf9994

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on August 07, 2011, 08:52:20 AM
Make sure all your connections are good. Unplug and plug everything back in.
thanks i'll try unplugging it and plugging back in..I did check the connections and they were good

Tenpoint5

While the cabinet is heating up open the door and look to see if the element is glowing red.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

wipf9994

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 07, 2011, 10:23:35 AM
While the cabinet is heating up open the door and look to see if the element is glowing red.
its glowing red but not all the way across. maybe 1 1/2" to 2" from the end is not glowing

Tenpoint5

That shoots my idea out of the water
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

wipf9994

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 07, 2011, 12:13:25 PM
That shoots my idea out of the water
is it supposed to glow all the way across cause its not..its glowing in the center with 1 1/2" to 2" from both ends is dark

OU812

Quote from: wipf9994 on August 07, 2011, 09:42:06 AM
No its not empty cabinet temp and no extention cord used. it is on a circuit in my garage

But are there other things operating on that circuit?

wipf9994

Quote from: OU812 on August 08, 2011, 03:20:25 PM
Quote from: wipf9994 on August 07, 2011, 09:42:06 AM

But are there other things operating on that circuit?
yes i believe a fridge might be on the same circuit looks like if i follow the wires

OU812

The fridge might be the problem. With it being hotter now the fridge would be kicking on more often and in doing so stealing the power your Bradley needs to heat up better.

Might want to delegate a separate circut just for your Bradley.

In my shed I have a delegated 20 amp circut just for the smoker and exhaust fan.