• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Summer Sausage

Started by Keymaster, August 07, 2011, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

I started with one of Nepas' Secret Summer Sausage recipes, I had everything but corn syrup solids so I opted for Corn syrup in it's replacement.

8 pounds of ground beef 80/20 and 2 pounds of ground pork.

All mixed up

I stuffed them in 1-1/2" X 24" fibrous casings and had to tie my own strings which I did not like, I'll buy prestrung ones next  time.

Into the smoker and ready for some Pecan smoke today.....

More to follow ;D

Tenpoint5

Looks good so far Aaron.

Suggestion get you some 1x2 board to sit on the top rack to raise the sausage up so the bottoms don't get burnt
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Nice SS Aron

Love them secret receipts  ;D

Keymaster

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 07, 2011, 10:27:32 AM
Looks good so far Aaron.

Suggestion get you some 1x2 board to sit on the top rack to raise the sausage up so the bottoms don't get burnt
I hear yah Chris, I already had to retie all the strings twice to get them shorter, as soon as the smoke stops I'll toss in a couple boards. Thanks for the great Idea!!!

Tenpoint5

Oh yeah and hog ring pliers along with hog rings are real good friends when making summer sausage!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ghost9mm

Really nice Aaron, just a good lookin job on the sausage, will be some good eatin when finished...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Keymaster

Got them all done, I took them to 155° F IT and then gave them a ice bath and took the IT Temp down to 90° F and now there in the Garage watching all my junk Bloom ;D It was a 8-1/2 hour smoke total.

ghost9mm

Aaron..mighty mighty fine my friend, they look just great, like the finished color, will be watchin for the final cut...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Tenpoint5

Looking good my friend!! How did you like the board idea? I see we had one casualty just have to eat him first

Keymaster

Yep, one casualty but already sliced that end off and heres the Money shot, It even tastes dang good too ;)

NePaSmoKer

Nice SS

And wow your junk really is blooming  :o

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Tenpoint5

That looks really good Keymaster.

OU812

Niiiiice.

The money shot looks awesome and very moist.

SamuelG

SamuelG