• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

not working correctly

Started by gspman, November 21, 2005, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspman

Hi
I am a new user of bradley smoker. I just bought one this weekend after my research.Primarily to use to process venison (Sausage, Brats, Weiners, Ring Bologna)I have been using a homemade smoker made out of a 35 gallon drum for years and decided to step into the future with the bradley smoker. So far I am very dissappointed, I do not believe the smoke generator is working correctly.
Here is what is occurring:
1)preheat for an hour or so
2)load the meat
3)load the biscuits, push the bisquit advance button
4) this is what happpens, the bidsquite pusher advances a bisquit, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another...you get the picture
There is no 20 minute cycle, it pushes new biquits 1 about every 4 seconds or so.
Is there any ajustment, is this common...Should i just return and go back to my 35 gallon barrel?

Help please....frustrated

tsquared

Phone the Bradley company, the number is on your booklet, and they will get a new generator out asap.
T2

IKnowWood

Agree, call them and get a replacement or they may suggest some trouble shooting before sending one out.

To me it sounds like either the button mechanism is jammed or the circuit has a short.  Its not suposed to do that.  

Let us know the response.

The Medina's in Maryland's Eastern Shore
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

iceman

Hi gspman. It sounds like you have a sticking advance button. This is a common problem especially with the black (painted) generators.The dip sticks forgot to take into concideration that when they powder coat paint the case it takes the tolerance away and the hole is then to tight around the switch thus causing it to stick in the on position. You can fix this by taking the case apart and filing the hole bigger but if it was me I would take it back and get a replacement unit. The distributor that I deal with up here in Alaska says that 1 out of 3 units has had to be shipped back because of this or other similar problems. Not a very good track record if you ask me. I'm sorry that the folks at Bradley aren't taking these problems to heart. Sounds like the pet rock sindrome, (take the money and run)! I really like the idea that they have but it sure needs improvement, which I am working on. I am close to finishing a proto type that puts the Bradley to shame and will gladly share the design with all of us smoke hounds. Get another unit that works and you will enjoy the no fus smoking they can provide. Take care.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gspman</i>
<br />Hi
I am a new user of bradley smoker. I just bought one this weekend after my research.Primarily to use to process venison (Sausage, Brats, Weiners, Ring Bologna)I have been using a homemade smoker made out of a 35 gallon drum for years and decided to step into the future with the bradley smoker. So far I am very dissappointed, I do not believe the smoke generator is working correctly.
Here is what is occurring:
1)preheat for an hour or so
2)load the meat
3)load the biscuits, push the bisquit advance button
4) this is what happpens, the bidsquite pusher advances a bisquit, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another...you get the picture
There is no 20 minute cycle, it pushes new biquits 1 about every 4 seconds or so.
Is there any ajustment, is this common...Should i just return and go back to my 35 gallon barrel?

Help please....frustrated

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

gspman

I called Bradley Smoker and they are shipping me a new smoke generator this afternoon from MN. Should be here by Wed. That i must say impresses me, i have not even mailed the warranty card in yet.
No questions asked, I had 1/2 a mind to pitch the thing, Now i guess i won't. It does a nice job smoking now, i just have to hand load the bisquits every 20 minutes.

Thanks for the feedback

Deer Hunter

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">I called Bradley Smoker and they are shipping me a new smoke generator this afternoon from MN. Should be here by Wed. That i must say impresses me, i have not even mailed the warranty card in yet.
</font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> While at times I get somewhat fustrated with Bradley when it comes to folks having problems with the generator I must say that as long as the unit is in warranty they do step up to the pump real quick.

<font size="3"><font color="blue"><b>Now do yourself a favor and do not throw out the original generator. If you strip a gear you will need the one you saved.</b></font id="blue"></font id="size3">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2"> I am close to finishing a proto type that puts the Bradley to shame and will gladly share the design with all of us smoke hounds. </font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> I'm sure we are all looking forward to what you come up with.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!