Also New and Cudos to Brian at Bradley

Started by cjpoco, August 23, 2011, 09:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjpoco

Am new to smoking (not to cigars - Cuban because i can). Love bbq and have put my Weber through a ton.  From North Vancouver BC.  Did lots of research and this forum helped make the decision.  Bought the digital 4 drawer last week.  Was all excited to get going this past weekend, unpacked box and had first recipe set (ribs - doh).  Picked up the smoker unit and the rattling sound didn't seem good.  Brass pin and brass tube fell out of the smoker unit.  Obviously didn't want to fire it up so sent email on weekend.  Got a response on the weekend to call Mon.  Called and talked to Brian.  Can't say enough about how helpful he was.  Since i (fortunately) work less than 15 min. from Bradley HO popped down and he replaced the smoker unit immediately (apparently a washer was missed or popped loose).  Left with some complimentary bisquettes for the problem (also got to buy the cover and smaller grates).  He also spent some time and gave me some of his tips from using his own smoker (bonus).
Again, was really disappointed at first opening but can't say enough about how great customer service makes for an even more satfisfied customer.
Did the seasoning tonite and prob. will have questions in the forum.  Temp settled in within 8 degrees of the 150 but will be getting the dual Maverick to keep check.
Too busy till the weekend to smoke anything but will probably have trouble picking the first go as i read some of the great suggestions on here.
A little long winded but looking forward to expanding my bbq repetoire.
cec

classicrockgriller

Exciting first week with your Bradley.

I have never meet Brian but have talked to Him several times

on the phone and He is always willin to help.

Congrats on the Bradley and Welcome to the Forum.

ccfdmike

Congrats! Hope everything is smooth sailing from here on out!

Caribou

Welcome to the forum :)
Happy Smoking, too!
Carolyn

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Jim O

Welcome to the forum.

Not too many folks have negative comments re Bradley's customer service.

Haven't had to use them yet,as my smoker just keeps ticking and tickin and -----

Jim o
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

ghost9mm

Welcome to the forum and really glad that everything is up and runnin...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

beefmann