Nepas and Pensrock, did you feel the quake?

Started by seemore, August 24, 2011, 01:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

My boss works in Pittsburgh, and felt the quake.  Did you?
I am so glad that no one was hurt...
Mrs

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: seemore on August 24, 2011, 01:26:19 PM
My boss works in Pittsburgh, and felt the quake.  Did you?
I am so glad that no one was hurt...
Mrs

Heck yeah

rocking like i was back in calif

pensrock

yep, at first I thought it must have been an earthquake, then I thought naw couldn't be. it was cool. sorry for the bad typing, still in a lot of pain from the surgeries yesterday. I do not know why but my ribs feel like someone used me for a punching bag. they hurt as bad as the wrist and elbow.

NePaSmoKer

Yeah was kina neat to feel a shaker again  :o

Take it easy Greg and get better.

Brisket Lover

Felt it here too in southern MD.  We're calling this Hurriquake season  ;D

seemore

True - you are getting hit out there;  first the quake and now the 'cane.
Pens, I am bad at keeping up on things  - what kind of surgery did you have?
Mrs

pensrock

carpal tunnel in my wrist and ulnar tunnel in my elbow. but right now the worst part is my ribs on the other side, i do not know if the strapped me down or maybe dropped me in the OR but i think i have a broken rib. it hurts worse than the arm/hand. and its on the side i need to use to get up from a chair/ pick up things/ i can't even bend over if i drop something. been doubling up on the pain meds but does not help much. i have a dr appt monday, hope to find out something then.
thanks for asking, bad part is..... after the cast comes off and the hand/arm heals up some, then they are doing the other side. if it weren't fer bad luck.... i'd have no luck at all, seems to fit me. :)

standles

Happened to be at NAVSEA in Dahlgren for work and we felt it.  The group looked at each other commented and continued the meeting.  About an hour later a lady poked her head in and exclaimed.   Didn't ya'll know they evac'd the base and sent everyone home?   I guess it was luck the vanpool driver was with us or we would never had known :)

Steven

seemore

Pens, that sucks.  I bet they had you strapped down pretty good in the or.....I sure hope I don't have to go through carpal tunnel, ever.......Take care, and it SUCKS that you have to go through it again on the other side once you heal.
Navsea, I am glad that you made it through ok....nice of the others to let you know that the base was evacuated.... ::)

seemore